Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hunting for an air Snorkel and technical info for KZJ70

Rob Austin

I am hunting around for an air snorkel to go on a KZJ70 -basically, same as LJ70 series 2 VX series, if anyone has any advise I would be grateful. As a long shot I am also keen to find a workshop manual or any details on engine / transmission / electrics :shock:

Rob, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of manual on CD, if you want one.

I did find a spanish 4x4 company that were doing a snorkel for the 70, but lost their details. :think:

Rob, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of manual on CD, if you want one.

I did find a spanish 4x4 company that were doing a snorkel for the 70, but lost their details.

I would be interested in a copy of the KJZ manual - would you send one to Austria (I pay all costs of course)

regards, givi

Have a look at Tigerz11 in Aus; someone might be able to help with getting their gear out, as it's some of the best prices that I've seen for gear.

Not sure if they'll ship overseas, it's a bit vague.

I know a couple of guys who run their winches and other equipment; if (When?) I get back out I'll be getting their stuff, and if I was still there I'd have had some of their stuff on my FJ73 without a doubt (highlift and winch most likely)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for your help I sent them an email and will try ringing tomorrow. Have you done this conversion? If so can you remember which model number the snorkel was? Each one seems to have a specific number depending on the vehicle it was made for, if you can help that would be truly great and next time you're Norfolk bound I'll stand you a pint!!

Cheers
Rob Austin

Hi Peter,
Thank you so much, I hate working on an engine without a book to tell what to do at -or at least point me in the right direction.

My address is:- Rob Austin, Gunton House,Reymerston, Norwich, Norfolk. NR9 4QY.

Thanks so much for your help
Cheers
Rob Austin

Thanks for your help I sent them an email and will try ringing tomorrow. Have you done this conversion? If so can you remember which model number the snorkel was? Each one seems to have a specific number depending on the vehicle it was made for, if you can help that would be truly great and next time you're Norfolk bound I'll stand you a pint!!

Cheers
Rob Austin

I never got to use any of their kit unfortunately. If you can a view of a HZJ7x or FJ7x engine bay then it should give you an indication as to whether or not it will not be located in the right place.

HTH

Thanks for replying to my appeal for a copy of the workshop manual, I would be very grateful and will refund all expenses incurred
my address is:-
Rob Austin,
Gunton House,
Reymerston.
Norwich.
Norfolk.
NR9 4QY

The KZ engine is a significant improvement powerwise on the two 2.4 LJ70's IO used to run in the past. I regularly use an Ifor williams tipper trailer and when fully loaded any hill (and there really are very few in Norfolk) used to create clouds of black smoke. Now I scurry along with ease. I am changing the clutch this week and plan to track down a grumble coming from somewhere in the transmission later.
Anyway can't thank you enough for your offer of help.

Cheers

Rob
Austin

The 70 series FSM Is now available under the service manuals ran at the top of the page. If you have ten or more posts you'll have access.

HI Rob.
I am thinking to have a snorkell fitted as well.
there is a company called mudsport in uk, that seems to have the safari brand if you are interested.
How is the hunt from your side?
cheers
MM

Back