Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I forgot about the golden rule.

kombivan

Country Flag
australia
Don't buy Japanese filters for Australian Japanese cars the sneaky buggers made the mounts different so they do not fit might be as simple as a lug in the wrong place preventing sealing. So now my Cruiser is like a beached whale in the driveway until I go into town and purchase an aussie made z169. grrr Tried putting the old one back on and it also didn't want to start. So charge up the batteries over night and make a new start tomorrow. This is really a lousy low down sneaky thing the japanese did with the early model Toyotas and many other makes as well.

In this case the thread seems to bottom before the seal beds.

Never heard of that! What is the part number for the filter and what are you putting it on ?

Having had 60's from all over the world ( well UK, Africa, New Zealand and JDM ) I've never heard of it either. Sounds like a case if some bad threads to me.

Boat engine filters aren't listed by vehicle or even engine manufacturer but rather as a direct replacement for umpteen different brands of filter and part numbers .

Common similarity , like as not somebody long ago swapped your filter housing for one out of a Nissan/Mitsubishi/Caterpillar or whatever happened to work with the filter he had at the time .

Nissan partrols were effected and that filter has gone in the bin had to buy another and lets face it you guys buy your filters in the shop like me usually this was the only japanese filter I had purchases. the engines that came out of Jap spares in the 80's also had the issue occasionally. I found this out from a mechanic who is a genuine character.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back