Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I found hell....

started up there before sunrise
Lots of inspiration here, looking at all of you I stepped to do my own maintenance. Now m gathering courage to walk, work, run with inspiration from here

"I'm just hoping it quietens down by October so I can get my usual Autumnal Scotland fix."
For some reason a group of us are going round the top of Scotland in our Willys Jeeps at the end of September......I hope it's dry and warm....we have no doors, no heater, rudimentary windscreen wipers and a canvas roof.... ;-)

I was talking to another biker a few weeks ago who was planning to do the NC 500 again this Summer but was put off after hearing of the large numbers of motor homes on the route.

NC500 is a belter but I wouldn't fancy it behind a motorhome.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ullapool was rather busy, that's as close I've gotten to the nc500. Heading home tomorrow

Had good ride again today. Another lovely day weather wise and low traffic although we did pay £10 for a toastie at Smoo cave. Mind you it was tasty. Got back latish and found a crack in trailer draw bar!!!!! All sorted for now but will need modification when home.

I guess that the only good thing about living near Dover... Is when it comes to getting away, Just head South.... I can be in France and pitching Me Tent up quicker than i could get to the Dartford crossing....... We recently went to Bayeux, Saint-Malo, ( Lovely walled City)... etc etc, No restrictions anywhere.. When i lived oop North i loved the Lake District, Derbyshire peaks, And Scotland, Still do, But to drive up there for a weekend getaway.... Nah!.. Its too Busy....

Not a bad drive home!
20210826_074708.jpg

Just need to figure out whats causing a very annoying vibration above 40mph, hoping it might be a uj rather than something I've done wrong putting the transfer case back together.

@frank rabbets maybe it's my eyes, but I don't think that body is quite sat square on the chassis there. :)

More seriously, while I want even born in 1974.. I do know some parts of the world from the late 80's and 90's. Already the world has changed and not always for the better. It's a key thing as too why I want the faculty to travel and to get out as much as we can, the world will be a different place in another 20

Britain is changing a Tad faster than most European Countries.... The problem i think is The British seem to not be able to Grasp the fact that we are over populated and we are a Tiny Island, We are Hacking down Environmentally important areas of countryside To build a new rail system we dont want or need, Housing development in Kent Has gone nuts.. Instead of grasping the problem regarding over population, We feed it by thinking the solution is to accommodate the Problem... "We are over populated"..... So lets build more houses.... No, its not the solution..... I have a solution but it involves Social cleansing Squads Made up of retired Para and Special Forces Units.... Its just something i think about when im alone in my Shed:violence-sniperpro:

something I've done wrong putting the transfer case back together..... Fingers crossed Nick:thumbup:

I'd figured if it was that then it would be vibrating all the time and from the very beginning.

The NC500 was on the news today regarding the surge in visitor numbers and people (mostly locals) complaining of the mess some leave behind and the lack of facilities in many places on route not used to handling such numbers. The expectation is that numbers will decline when "normal" foreign travel resumes. Amen to that.

Well, I'm only just back home and can't believe how I didn't bump into any of you. I drove past Ben Nevis but turned back short of Ullapool. Spent a couple of days on Skye. Camped in Glen Etive, of skyfall fame, twice. Did Applecross both ways, and spent the night half way up. No crowded campsites where I was, and roads were not really busy

20210821_174853.jpg
20210824_093240.jpg
20210826_070209.jpg

Back