Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I love Godzillas, and needed something cool to pull it

SkylineUSA

Country Flag
united_states
So, Land Cruiser was the winner.

My name is Tony, been wrenching on cars since the 70s. I am retired USAF, I used to certify airfields, now I tune the local weather radar.

Started researching and figured out an 80 series is what I needed.

I bought a 93 from Duncan imports, far from perfect, but it is solid. I plan on keeping it to pull one of my GTRs when I go to the track.

My biggest issue where I live (NY), they are a bit of a nanny state when it comes to vehicles, so I went with OBD1 to avoid any sniffer testing, here in this state the cars have to be 94 or older. I can modify and not worry about the govt getting into my hobby.

Hello, I can remember the R32 Skylines racing around Wanneroo raceway in Perth Western Australia back in the late 80's which were pretty impressive . I have been for a burn in a 550 horse R32 on a trackday but I hate to say it I wasn't impressed, the car was doing all the work and just didn't do it for me. They say you should never meet your idols.
Nice to have a fellow revhead on the forum though.

I have driven some real dogs, no life before 5k, it is all in the set up, specially when we are talking old turbos, they were absolutely terrible back in the day. Now days, you can get good power before 4k, makes for a much better drive.

It wasn't the lack of power it was just the car was driving itself. I see in California the government are cracking down on imports now, the world has gone mad..

For me, it is not a power issue, more of a power band issue that I have seen in these. Been in some, the set up was so crap, between cams, turbos, suspension, exhaust, tune, etc., they can be a complete disappointment. Been in many like that. But, when the set up is spot on, I am all in, hence me owning a few.

Funny, someone I follow on Instagram had posted an R32 launching on Instagram on #toughstreetmachines thing takes off like a rocket,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Part of my job in the USAF was working on the telescope at Learmonth , I tried like hell to get that place, but sadly I had to go to the Caribbean for my remote. My service was extremely rough.

Oh, following #toughstreetmachines, thanks! That was a launch! They got some great looking cars to boot!

Last edited:
Pretty remote place Learmonth, bit of a one horse town I should think. What is your insta? I can checkout your Skyline.

Back