Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ideas for sim cards please.

wobbly

Garage
I have just started the process of unlocking my iphone3GS from Orange.

I intend to take it with me on a couple of European trips, but am not going to pay the orange roaming charges.

Can anyone suggest a payg sim card for european trips? Or will I need a sim card for each country?

Going to France in September, followed by a cross Europe trip to Romania.

Cheers

Pete

I've used travelsim, careful with their charges as they seem to vary from what they advertise quite a bit.

I could get cheaper text messages on my normal vodafone contract phone.

Revisiting my old thread, I now use a vodaphone contract sim, and pay £2 a day to use my contract abroad.

Very simple.

Revisiting my old thread, I now use a vodaphone contract sim, and pay £2 a day to use my contract abroad.

Very simple.

For that £2 per day charge, does it operate as a local sim? I mean are local charges standard rate and a call to the UK would be at premium rates?

I'm not quite with this (nothing unusual there I'm afraid!). :shifty:

'3' are advertising their service including 16 Euro countries at no extra cost so the advert on TV says?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My problem with roaming is not the actually cost , though that annoys me , but the fact people get charged even if i call them . I have to keep an Isle of Man sim card active and get charged probably double while off the Island for every call or text regardless of it being sent or received . But the Manx Gov will not allow any of the UK's normal service providers in so to ensure they maintain the monopoly . So for me the choice is take the hit or remain uninformed which is not an option as i employ people there .

We use O2 and their TuGo system; OK it does need a wifi connection to work, but it's bloody brilliant! Uses the contract minutes and texts, costs the same as normal for someone to phone you and away you go! Runs off the iPad perfectly.

So we pay £13 or so a month, have a couple of hundred free minutes and texts and people can call or text us at their normal rate. Much cheaper than calling internationally, and allows us to still have a phone as soon as we land in the UK.

I think three are offering free roaming in 16 countries, maybe more! So you basically pay your standard contract or pay as you go tariff abroad I believe

With Vodaphone all my calls are as per my contract, so I have 900 minutes, 500mb data. Its basically what you have in the uk, for £2 you take it abroad.

Back