Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Idle Up not working

Dieseldragon

2001 d4d. Went for a little ride down the river thought I would try the idle up. The idle up button doesn't do anything. Is there any known fault before I start looking for wiring problems?

The idle up will only operate when the engine is cold. It's designed to heat the engine faster in cold conditions. It will trip when the engine reaches a certain temp. It also trips when you let out the clutch in gear. Shayne, I was under the impression that only lwb models came with it, but could be wrong

I think that's true of the 1kz 90 series Bob but i also have a 2001 swb d4d 90 which does have idle up .

On my 1KZT-E engine, the idle up button will work regardless of what temp the engine is at. It'll only operate when in park and kicks off when going into reverse or drive. This may be similar with the manual boxes.

The D4D is a difference engine but I would think it would operate somewhat similar with the engine up function? I'm also a LWB. I thought it was part of the "winter" pack.

The temperature here hasn't dropped below 25c during the day, so that probably explains it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a strange one, as I had heard the winter pack idea too. But that includes the twin batteries and a couple of other nick nacks. Mine has a single battery, as do all Irish trucks... Didn't stop it starting in a week of -17 a few years back. Idle up definitely only works on mine when the engine is cold though.

Be nice if the idle up worked for those times when you are in low range and driving just on the engines tick over speed.

Back