Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ignition

mike123

Country Flag
wales
i have a 1996 land cruiser Prado KZJ95 some times my ignition key will not turn back to the lock position so it will not come out of the barrel i have been looking for a new one no luck so far tried WD40 not the answer never know when its going to play up local toyota dealer contacted Main dealer they say the don't do them anymore :icon-exclaim: i have tried Breakers yard .com no joy any help would be appreciated

Take it to Timpsons the guy down our local was good enough to lend me his bottle of graphite powder which he said is the only lubricant that should be used in a lock .

I've used graphite from an old pencil to good effect. Split the wood off and use a fine file to shave the lead down to powder.

i have a 1996 land cruiser Prado KZJ95 some times my ignition key will not turn back to the lock position so it will not come out of the barrel i have been looking for a new one no luck so far tried WD40 not the answer never know when its going to play up local toyota dealer contacted Main dealer they say the don't do them anymore :icon-exclaim: i have tried Breakers yard .com no joy any help would be appreciated
Have you looked on Amayama.com? Also, does your key need to be pushed into the barrel before it will go to the last position and out?

I have an ignition barrel, key, reluctor ring, fob receiver and corresponding immobiliser ecu which are all matched as they came out of the same vehicle if you wanted to go down that route.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have an ignition barrel, key, reluctor ring, fob receiver and corresponding immobiliser ecu which are all matched as they came out of the same vehicle if you wanted to go down that route.
Sorry folks been bit tied up, thanks for the offer Trevor :thumbup: i tried the Graphite Powder worked like a dream so far keeping my fingers crossed :pray:

Back