Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Import facelift amaon

That one's near Chris'/Karl's gaff.......looks good value if the condition is good.

That seems *very* cheap, even for an import. Suspiciously cheap, perhaps?

How can you tell its an import?

Nice looking car.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, how is it an import? With a rear locking diff and 3 rows of leather seats I'd say it's likely to be a UK car. However it's priced to be the bargain of the decade and as it is no secret that I have been seeking a 100 series I am going to give this a viewing subject to it still being available. It's far more miles than I wanted but at half of what I was prepared to spend I think it's worth a punt.
TBH I'm with Drew about "too good to be true" because a dealer would not sell a £14k car for £9k so there may be a catch. We will see.

Andy

Im guessing it is. because it has the rear fog lamp hanging down, chrome mirrors and different wheels but i might be wrong.

..and the "turbo" decals etc. Even the center console display and button layout looks a bit different IMO.

Yes, how is it an import? With a rear locking diff and 3 rows of leather seats I'd say it's likely to be a UK car. However it's priced to be the bargain of the decade and as it is no secret that I have been seeking a 100 series I am going to give this a viewing subject to it still being available. It's far more miles than I wanted but at half of what I was prepared to spend I think it's worth a punt.
TBH I'm with Drew about "too good to be true" because a dealer would not sell a £14k car for £9k so there may be a catch. We will see.

Andy

let us know how you get on. it will be interesting to see why its so cheap.

It does look good.

Cant see it being around long if its in genuine order.

Looking at the close ups on the website, I reckon its had a near side front end knock.

Pete

Last edited:
Good spot pete, that front wing is a different colour, bad job on the painting side as it should have been blended in down the door & across the bonnet not edge to edge, having said that it's so far off colour it would still show.

yes the front wing does look a slight shade different and ive just noticed no roof bars.

Yes Joe I've got to say I missed the rear fog light, that does give it away just a bit.

Andy

The more I look at it, the odder it looks.

The front bumper has had a different style of plate attached, there are two holes above the current one, so I suspect its not UK spec originally.

Likewise the rear index plate - the two bolts are for a squarer plate, hence they are sitting high and close together on the rectangular plate.

The ns wing doesnt match the passenger door, but it does seem to match the bonnet, and the bumper is a mismatch as well - but the ns fog lamp is old and has crud inside, so the bumper hasnt been damaged, yet the wing has.....replacement 2nd hand bumper?

On the details, its had one owner since 2003 though, and its a 53 plate car. If it was an import , it'll show as previously registered but one owner.

I wonder where it was imported from? The stickers on the frame, and on the transmission tunnel are all in English, I cant imagine anyone adding them afterwards. Maybe RoI ?

Interesting to know the actual story, but I reckon Joe was right.

Pete

Last edited:
From memory, if it was under a certain age/mileage at the time of import, it could be registered as a "new" vehicle. The Civic FD2 that I had imported fell under this (but then it had been ordered for me, driven to the docks and put on a boat to the UK)

:confusion-waiting:

Almost an half an hour now......

Last edited:
Back