Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

indicator upgrade

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Hi everyone. I ordered some LED lamps and lamp holders from tinternet with the intention of turning my rear light clusters from just reversing light (l/h side) and fog light (r/h side) to l & r indicators as well!

Easy peasy to do, just find the right plug (in the jack storage area) tap in your lights, run a cable to t'other side, and roberts your uncle. I drilled 2 holes in the top lense (clear on my 2000 Colly) and put 2 yellow LED lamps in each. Not super bright in daylight, but in evening and night time pretty good.

20140311_192052.jpg

Taken with my Samsung, so not too bad :)

How come you didn't wire in the side/Brake light as well?

Good job though! :icon-biggrin:

Not enough lamps and lamp holders! The only lamps in the upper lights are the reversing light and the fog light! Why Toyota never used these as the main set with the addition of the bumper lights to get over the door open law for Europe I will never know!
I might get back on ebay and find some more lamps & holders now.............

When I did mine, I just went to the Breakers Yard. Most Japanese cars will have similar/same lamp holders and wiring so it made for a cheap and easy install

I have a problem in that the top 2 lenses are clear, and the bottom ones red - I think they changed in 2000, so I would need red bulbs, for side/stops or change the lenses!
20140312_141432_resized.jpg

Not had a looking in mine yet but is the wiring in the upper light clusters already
David

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the connector block is in the jack storage area, not in light cluster area :)

On my after market rear lights I have, I had to use Red Bulbs as the lenses were clear. I used CREE LED, they are fantastic and look really neat.

Back