Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector Flow Rates

mrdelmonti

Supporter
Promoted Company
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Bit of an odd one, but does anyone know the maximum flow rate for injectors on the 1kzte?

And likewise the rates for the D4D injectors?

Don't know them, but if you get hold of a 1KZT-E Engine repairs manual you might be able to find those figures.

I don't think the manual gives flow rates, only crack pressures. I have the page saved somewhere and will see if I can find it a bit later.

yeah thats correct, only pressures are listed.

Well that's a pain, cheers for your help anyway guys.

Could you find out who makes the injector e.g. Bosch or similar and then try and find the specifications using their part number?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would guess it would be Denso, as they produce injectors for other toyota models.

That was my original suggestion, a colleague of mine is embarking on a compound charged 90 project

I've just looked up compound charging - very interesting. Please let us know how this turns out.

I don't think much progress has been made yet, I know he's getting the parts in ready, he currently has an Eaton M45 supercharger with uprated pulley set for more boost and a turbo from a Volvo truck that he is planning to run as well as having the standard turbo turned into a hybrid.

He's in the stage of trying to work out routing and ordering parts, but it's not a small task!

I'll do more reading on it as I'm very curious how you would size the turbos. The idea of more efficient/cooler boost sounds perfect for a 1kzte.

Back