Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Install Land Cruiser Club as an app on computer, phone or tablet

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Since the last upgrade we've now been able to enable some new features and get them working properly. You can now install Land Cruiser Club as an application on your phone or computer.

Benefits include:
  • you'll get notifications when someone replies (you can turn that off if you wanted to)
  • easier uploading of images to your posts
  • less hassle opening the site
  • reduction in covid cases (they are, after all, reduced!)

On your phone:

1. Open the website in your favourite browser
2. Click on the 3 dots top right hand corner
3. Click on the option "Install as app"

Screenshot_20210515-193447.jpg

4. Confirm you want to by clicking on the Install link
5. Now you should have a new icon on your home screen with the Land Cruiser Club logo. Use that from now on to browse the forum.

Screenshot_20210515-193521.jpg

Done. Thanks Crispin.

For those using the standard Samsung browser on a Samsung phone, you might not have 3 dots on the top right hand corner. I installed by clicking on the down arrow by the URL, circled in yellow in the attached pic. Other browsers may vary

Attachments

• 20210516_105229.jpg
    20210516_105229.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Reinhard!

The push notifications now also enabled so it pings your phone when someone replies to your message.

Hi Crispin, does this work on an iPad as I can’t seem to find the dots like I did on my desktop?
Andy

I've just had a look Andy - it seems iPad is slightly different. You can add to home screen as a shortcut but that still opens in Safari.
Chrome, on the iPad, seems a bit better according to the posts I've read.

Let me dig into it a bit more on the kid's ipad and see (I don't know much about them)

Hi Crispin. New phone and I no longer get the option to install as app under the three dots. Is there another source for it? Standard Moto Android/Chrome

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jacob, under the three dots you'll find something like 'add to your start screen'

It all depends on your browser. If you are using Chrome, there should be 3 dots at the top right (there are on mine). If you're using FIrefox or another browser, could be at the bottom.

Not sure if the moto, like samsung, has it's own, poorly implemented, browser?

I can access the menu, but it doesn't give me the option to download the app.

Mind sharing a screen print?
I've tried it on another phone and it seems OK.

Screenshot_20230110-230626.png

This is in Opera on a Sony with Android 12. Same in Chrome - no install option.
I also tried unblocking ads and popups.
In Brave on the same phone, I do see the Install App button.
Screenshot_20230110-232241.png

Last edited:
Here's what it looks like on mine. So I have the option to 'follow' but not to download a proper app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111-095144.png
    Screenshot_20230111-095144.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 12
It's because it's already installed. Assuming your new and old phone where both android? When you move over, android moves your apps too. Swipe up on home screen and search for it?

Chrome showed the same view as yours. No install option. I uninstalled the app and refreshed chrome. It now showed install option.
Screenshot_2023-01-12-07-31-29-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I then installed it and it vanishes.

Give that a try.

Interesting. That would make sense. Unfortunately no trace of it either on my phone or in the list of apps on Play Store. I will try to download a different browser before I go back to old Nokias.

Really odd. It's the only way I could get chrome to not show the install option.

Really odd. It's the only way I could get chrome to not show the install option.
For me, I get the install option in one browser and not in two others, on the same phone. I don't think I ever installed the app. Se post #11 above.

Back