Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Insurance hike.

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Just had the renewal through for the 80 today... 43% increase on last years premium FFS :doh:

It's like someone has swiped my NCD for being a good boy.

I think I might go out later in the truck and play bumping cars just to get my monies worth.

Agreed. Mine is up from £426 to £1016.17, no change to circumstances. Continuous insurance legislation (stupidity), coupled with world wide insurance payouts after the extraordinary number of natural disasters that have struck, mean that the insurance company's need to make us pay :evil:.

mine went up - but not that much!
i complained when i called them, and they came back with a much better price!

im dreading my renewal quote in December, if they even want me to renew. :roll:

this year ive had 2 bumps, collided with an Audi on a lane in wales on black ice, hit the Bentley last week, and been to court and got 5 points, for reversing into a bollard and not reporting it to the police, and leaving the scene! :(

my worst ever year of driving! :thumbdown:

ben said:
been to court and got 5 points, for reversing into a bollard and not reporting it to the police, and leaving the scene! :(
Harsh. Did you do a lot of damage to the bollard? Did they spot it on CCTV?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Scott said:
ben said:
been to court and got 5 points, for reversing into a bollard and not reporting it to the police, and leaving the scene! :(
Harsh. Did you do a lot of damage to the bollard? Did they spot it on CCTV?

no what happened was i was working at the local night club and had parked the cruiser outside to unload my tools. i got back in and forgot there was a bollard behind me and reversed into it doing 2mph. it cracked the concrete around the bollard, but hadnt actually damaged it.

my local town has just had all new pavements and street furniture installed, in fact when i reversed into the bollard, it had only been fitted a few days previously.

i spoke to one of the workman who was there doing the pavements and said that it had cracked the concrete around the post, and that it needed re-concreting, and thought that would be the end of it.

2 weeks later police call me up and ask me to go down the station for an interview. i explained what happend and that id told the workmen, and that my car remained there for the rest of the day after id hit the bollard, i said i was sorry and was happy to pay for the damage.

2 months later i got a court summons through. so i got a solicitor and applied and got all the paper work for the case against me.

which included a witness statement from some do gooder, busy body volunteer from one of the charity shops, who clearly doesnt like big 4x4 vehicles. :roll:

went to court and they gave me 5 points for failing to report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident.

my solicitor said it should never have even gone to court but it did! :thumbdown:

then a month later i got a £1000 bill for a replacement bollard! :(

Ouch!!! The 'cash cow' motorist is hung out to dry again. Is there no sense to our justice system?

So who exactly were you supposed to tell about it before leaving the scene? Can't see the police being very impressed at reporting it to them!

apparently ANY traffic accident should be reported to the police within 24hours, no matter how minor, and even if no one else was involved and no one was hurt! :?

Fark... Harsh isn't even the start of that little story... :evil:

ben said:
apparently ANY traffic accident should be reported to the police within 24hours, no matter how minor, and even if no one else was involved and no one was hurt! :?
Ok, that is the law, but if it was put into practice you wouldn't be able to get into the police station for the queue.

A slightly different situation but, many years back I had a collision with an impatient muppet who thought that the highway code was optional. My 4x4 was hardly marked, his saxo needed a new side. Totally his fault, he turned left (from a right hand turn only lane) across the path of my straight ahead/left turn lane, I took him down the road a fair way.

I stopped to exchange details, he didn't want to. I said that "we had to", he said "no", so I said "I'll give the police a bell" as I'm sure they'll enjoy hearing about his driving techniques, funnily enough he now agreed. It clearly wasn't his car that now needed a new side and I'm pretty sure he made all the details up.

Later I informed my insurance company, just in case the vehicles real owner started pointing the finger in my direction. Nothing ever came of it, so I wasn't concerned, till I got my insurance renewal through that its!

Apparently I'd had a claim and now had no NCB, so my renewal had sky rocketed. My "information only" report had been classed as a claim, so I argued it out with them, and said "if you can show me the claim form" that they said I'd submitted, "plus the claim paperwork for the whole case, then we'd go from there".

10 days later they admitted that there had never been a claim, and restored my NCB. I said "I'll have that in writing please....oh and no I'm not renewing with you incompetent #%*"@!"

Sureterm, if anybody's wondering.

yep my insurance also went up from £370 to £600 and so have both the vans that my company run bloody great :thumbdown:

:shock: Ben that really is a bad luck.

joe

I'll be more careful who's watching when I'm bumping into lamp posts and things now! I thought they only put them there so we knew when to stop and go back the other way :mrgreen:

Good thing they don't count trees or most of us would be dead meat with the insurers and police :)

Back