Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior carpets

Zeusv8

Hi new site! After the leak in the Lc and the previous owner having wet dogs my carpet is minging and I'm going to rip it out! Has anyone else ever done this? I know what's involved in removing seats,trim,panels and the 9mm pistol out of my mouth! I'm just not sure on the new stuff. The old carpet seems moulded to the contours and is plastic backed which looks like its been heated to form the shapes. Can I fit standard hard wearing carpet or do I need to get the proper stuff from Oz? Thanks for any input,James.

When I took mine out, some of the backing was pretty bad. I cut out sections of underfelt from my carpet-fitter neighbour and replaced it. The really bad bits of carpet were jet-washed and it's all good. Might be worth a try? A replacement carpet for the 120 was £880 ex-VAT!

If you wanted, why not try some of the car re-upholster? They might be happy to just supply.

Decided to just rip it all out and replace it with standard black carpet and 10mm underlay. Took about 7 hours and cost 90 quid. Slowest bit is fitting new stuff even after taking a template off old as the Toyota stuff is moulded to the floor pan so carpet adhesive is a must for this!! Looks the part and doesn't stink which is a bonus!

Now that's a job I would never like to have to do.

The carpets now as you say, are all molded, so how were you able o get over the transmission tunell etc?

There must be a lot of creasing, or did you have to cut out strips or some how?

Gra.

The 100s have a flat floor in the back between front and middle seats so that helped! The hardest bits were the moulded parts where the arch meets the floor pan which need to be cut like mitres but in the front I was able to get the shape easier. Centre console has to come out as well which helpsby here are plastic pieces that go at the doors that needed to reused which also helped in shaping...but never again!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Serious typo's in that last one,shouldn't eat cereal and text while driving !

Back