Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intervolt DCC Pro DC DC split charge system

Thanks Andy. I’m intending sending them out Monday or Tuesday.

Could those interested please put your names down on the following list by quoting this post and removing the quote marks.

1, Gary Giles Paid
2, Lorin Paid
3, Andy Paid
4, Mojo Paid
5, Rob from York Paid

Last edited:
Could those interested please put your names down on the following list by quoting this post and removing the quote marks.

1, Gary Giles
2, Lorin Paid
3, Andy Paid
4, Mojo Paid
5, Rob from York Paid
6,Dave Parsons??

Hi Mr Starcruiser. I've just decided these intervolt dcdc chargers are what I need and look the best on the market. Whilst scanning to see who/where they are available I came across this post. Can you confirm you still have them available and at what price posted to myself, near Stratford upon Avon? I don't have the cash right now, as I need to sell a couple of things on but if that all goes through I'm in the market for one. Many thanks, Dave.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to be asking this stupid question, but why would you actually want to have a DC DC charger for the leisure battery? I just have the starter connected to the leisure battery via a cyrix which is a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to be asking this stupid question, but why would you actually want to have a DC DC charger for the leisure battery? I just have the starter connected to the leisure battery via a cyrix which is a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

Long story short - alternators are actually terrible battery chargers. DC to DC chargers will charge your battery fully and more efficiently.

Adding to Grant’s nicely short story, something like an Ultima battery needs slightly more voltage to charge it properly. Plus the DCC has three charging stages, to dump a good charge in to start with, then maintain the charge whilst looking after the battery. Add to this that it will accept a solar input that will charge both the leisure and the starter batteries and look after them plus display what's going on. It’s a very compact well spec’d unit.

Last edited:
I see,

Have you set this up that the input comes immediately from the alternator and than both the starter and the leisure battery are charged via the DC DC charger? I am just wondering if a DC DC charger makes sense on an old vehicule with a simple alternator (no EURO 6 alternator ) where your leisure battery is the same chemistry as your starter battery?

On the other hand, if you have you solar panel connected to your leisure battery and you work with a battery separator like the Cyrix I have, I believe a connection is made to the starter battery once the leisure battery is reasonably charged, right?

I see,

Have you set this up that the input comes immediately from the alternator and than both the starter and the leisure battery are charged via the DC DC charger? I am just wondering if a DC DC charger makes sense on an old vehicule with a simple alternator (no EURO 6 alternator ) where your leisure battery is the same chemistry as your starter battery?

On the other hand, if you have you solar panel connected to your leisure battery and you work with a battery separator like the Cyrix I have, I believe a connection is made to the starter battery once the leisure battery is reasonably charged, right?
I’m not familiar with the Cyrix but if it’s a voltage controlled relay, it may only see the starter battery voltage and not make a connection in reverse, from the leisure battery being full to then charge or link to the starter battery. I’d have to check the specs on your Cyrix unit.

Thanks in advance!
Bear in mind our systems are 24v, so we need to drop the voltage as well as controlling the charge

Bear in mind our systems are 24v, so we need to drop the voltage as well as controlling the charge
This puts a different perspective on things as I wasn’t aware Alex had a pure 24 volt system. If this is the case then a 24v to 12v isolated converter will charge a leisure battery as long as it’s a standard lead acid battery. As has been discovered, running anything from one side battery alone will upset the charging.

This puts a different perspective on things as I wasn’t aware Alex had a pure 24 volt system. If this is the case then a 24v to 12v isolated converter will charge a leisure battery as long as it’s a standard lead acid battery. As has been discovered, running anything from one side battery alone will upset the charging.
I was responding to Alex, I think his is 12v and thought ours were as well

I was responding to Alex, I think his is 12v and thought ours were as well
Yes, I saw that but I read it that both youvand he ran the same 24v system and I thought my earlier response could have been misunderstood. I’m now a bit confused if that’s not what you meant.

Yes, I saw that but I read it that both youvand he ran the same 24v system and I thought my earlier response could have been misunderstood. I’m now a bit confused if that’s not what you meant.
Now I’m really confused who meant what about which when :tearsofjoy:

Hi @Dave Parsons, did you get my private message? Not sure if you can view or send them when you’re a newbie?

Last edited:
Hi.How have you guys found the Intervolt dc dc chargers so far? Has anyone came across any problem or dislikes? Thanks, Dave.

Back