Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ironman SL

The postman's been today and left me with 6 boxes of ironman suspension

:dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup: :dance: :thumbup:

Still waiting for the hydraulic spring compressor though which should have come today.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Received my new toy yesterday and I've felt the need to play with it today, like you have to !!!

I wrapped the cups with foam to save damage to the springs ! seems so simple to use !

P130111_1446.jpg

Nick.

That post was an hour ago - is it all the truck now??? :p

I assume you meant "on the truck" ? No it isn't on yet, I'm going away to Egypt on Sunday morning and whilst I'm sure all would have been fine fitting it, I dare not risk something going wrong, I quite like my testicles where they are and not where the wife would put them if it went tits up :violence-smack:

Nick

It was :oops:

Hey, have a nice time in Eyjpt - have they caught those man eating sharks yet? :shock:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yipeee! Lift is now complete, went down to Chris's house at 8am this morning, we managed to have it done in around 4 hours, a few snags on the way, 1st one was removing the rear springs, had to really jack the thing up in the right position to be able to remove the drivers side one, bit fiddly but simple! 2nd issue, whilst doing the rear end I somehow managed to pop a rib in my chest, but after 2hrs at A&E this afternoon it's only a torn muscle ! last issue was that when we did the front struts the new spring compressor upper mount mount box section bent and the tube which holds the horse shoe was almost ripping off, so Chris set to and manufactured a replacement using thicker box section, that bitch wont bend ever again and is now better than new ( up for sale if anyone's interested £90 )

Took it for a spin on completion and I can't tell you how pleased I am with it, the ride feels very smooth and now glides over the winter pot holes instead of thudding into them, I've not driven it hard yet as not had time but I can't foresee any concerns.

A few photos to follow tomorrow.

Thanks Chris, you're a great friend !

Nick.

A few pictures from today !
The finished job
LCLifted-1.jpg

Tower prior to modification
Tower5-1.jpg

Tower4.jpg

Tower after modification
Tower2.jpg

Tower1.jpg

Old and new, note the difference with the new progressive ironman spring !
Mrspringy.jpg

Oh and here's one for the "Elf and safety" folk.
LCbackend.jpg

Nick.

Fark!!! And someone had the nerve to call me for my jacking techniques a while back... :lol:

Glad yer ribs are intact Nick - looking forward to seeing those arches filled with rubber :p

Thought you'd like that Gav. We were actually just taking some weight off the suspension by lifting the body. We weren't actually jacking the vehicle off the ground, but we just couldn't resist taking the pic.

C

Gav, I know what you mean about the arches, I need to put some double time Sundays in to pay for them, but don't worry they'za coming matey !

Nick.

Your Land Cruiser is looking great now with the Iron Man lift.
I see uncle Chris to the rescue to remanufacture the spring compresser.
Snipped < that bitch wont bend ever again >

he, he,

Graham

Here's a few pictures with the side steps removed, I've got to say, "what a transformation" I'm so pleased with it !
P070211_0947_01.jpg

P070211_0948.jpg

P070211_0948_01.jpg

P070211_1021.jpg

P070211_0946.jpg

P070211_0946_01.jpg

P070211_0947.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Can't wait to get my Ironman SL done now - :whistle:

You'll have to change your user name soon ;)

When it gets covered in mud :thumbup:

Well done :thumbup: Looks like there's enough room for a set of 35's there :o :) ;)

BIG clean GREEN said:
Here's a few pictures with the side steps removed, I've got to say, "what a transformation" I'm so pleased with it !
P070211_0947_01.jpg
They do look good without the old side steps :D

Back