Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ironman SL

Ironman do bush kits too - I have them all over my 80 :cool:

I've got myself a squeek which appears to be coming from the top mount area on the front spring, only really noticed it today after having the N/S windown down because it's so warm outside !! Any thoughts ???? ( And not about the weather BTW :lol: )

Took the angle grinder to the wrap round bull bar today, never really that fussed on it :thumbdown:

P140411_1856.jpg

P140411_1445.jpg

And Gavs in the process of sending me some plugs for the ends of the tube that are now showing, cheers to Gav :thumbup:

P140411_1445_01.jpg

Nice :thumbup: Looks much better IMHO :)

Have you considered complete removal of it :?: :)

The trucks looking really good with the lift & new tyres :D

How did you get on with tyre pressures :?:

Hi Steven,
I think I'm going to look for a SS A bar instead of the one that's now left on.
I put 36psi in today, but not really had a chance to try it out, Chris says he used to put 44psi in his for road use, so I'll go up in increments of 2psi.

just sold the old tyres for a ton, so I've got a bit cash together now to go for next mods of A bar, snorkel and Chris is going to knock me up some tree sliders !

Can't wait for Lincomb :cool:

can you PM the photos of your mod to the rear wheel carrier please

BIG clean GREEN said:
can you PM the photos of your mod to the rear wheel carrier please
Yes of course I completely forgot :oops: Need to get some piccys of it as yet :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks way better Nick, verging on the acceptable now :p

Plugs on their way tomorrow dude :cool:

Here's those photos that you wanted :)

It's a couple of bits of 40x10mm flat bar that I've welded to the back of the carrier roughly centered to the original holes.
P3160258.jpg

P3160259.jpg

I then re-drilled each hole centered to the bottom left corner of each of the original holes, if that makes sense.
P3160261.jpg

P3160262.jpg

P3160263.jpg

Oh & don't forget to get some longer bolts.
P3160264.jpg

To be fair my BFG 255/85/16 spare fitted without this mod, but it did push the rear light lens when the rear door was fully opened & just touched the tread plate of the rear bumper when the rear door was closed. This mod has made it clear the rear bumper tread plate, just! But the tyre still touches the rear light lens a smidge.

Hope that this info helps you :D

The kids enjoyed the spare being off, they were droping toys between the spokes of the ally.
P3160267.jpg

Red Oktober said:
Looks great .. although the bottom bar looks odd now

That makes jack squat difference as you cant see it with the wheel on !

Cheers Steven, I get your drift mate :thumbup:

BIG clean GREEN said:
[quote="Red Oktober":1fsbyv8n]Looks great .. although the bottom bar looks odd now

That makes jack squat difference as you cant see it with the wheel on ![/quote:1fsbyv8n]I think he's talking about your new front bumper/bull bar arrangement :lol: :)

BIG clean GREEN said:
Cheers Steven, I get your drift mate
That's OK m8 :thumbup: No probs :D Like I said though it all fitted fine before the mod :roll: Have you tried yours on yet :?:

Yea, A bar is on the list, I wouldn't bother but I do like my spots hung off the front :|

My rear wheel fits ok, it very lightly touches the rear cluster, not overly concerned at the mo, but deffo needs looking at, it clears the tread plate quite comfortably though :cool:

Front bar now off !

P200411_1133.jpg

P200411_1134.jpg

There was some weight in that thing, could even improve my mpg, it was like driving round with a elephant bolted to the bonnet, I think the front's lifted another inch too :thumbup:

That looks the dogs parts now m8 :clap: :mrgreen: :thumbup: That's the look I like :cool: Nice 'n' clean :D

edit - just had another look & yours would look great with de-Tango'd front indicator lens's :mrgreen:

I'm trying to edit the size of my profile signature picture, so stick with me !

What do yo mean Steven, de-tango ?

That's much better Nick :thumbup: - always looks better when you ditch the bling IMO ;)

Can I have my plugs back... :p

That looks way better dude :cool: I have a black plastic thing on mine that replaced a metal a bar on an insurance claim - I might be taking that off now!!!

Nice one :cool:

Back