Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ironman SL

They do look good without the old side steps :)

Echo... Echo... Echo... :lol:

:cool:

I've been tempted to take my steps off, but when I see how bent they are it reminds me that they have saved the sills a few times. I really need some proper sliders.

fridayman said:
I've been tempted to take my steps off, but when I see how bent they are it reminds me that they have saved the sills a few times. I really need some proper sliders.

So have I but every time the kids get in, I'd have to lift them in - that's not so bad but I'd have to repeat the process for the missus too! :oops: :lol: :shhh:

chadr said:
So have I but every time the kids get in, I'd have to lift them in - that's not so bad but I'd have to repeat the process for the missus too! :oops: :lol: :shhh:

:lol: Same here

I picked my kids up from Brownies/Rainbows in Muxley this week - not only did they have quite a climb to get in but they got filthy doing so 'cos he hasn't had a wash yet this year!!! :lol:

I've not had to deal with Mrs Nick getting in yet, but guess she'll have a good old moan when she does, my youngest is 10 and loves climbing,

Nick.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Today I was changing the ATF and whilst leaning over into the engine bay I noticed that the brake pipe coil was catching on the body work, the coil was wrapped into the body and has very lightly scored the pipe, not sure how it's happened because when Chris and I did the body lift we checked the clearance and all was ok, I can only assume it was when we did the SL that it snagged on the body work, just one for you to check if you've done the SL on your motor !

Nick.

Did my axle twisting the other day !

Fair to say I'm pleased with the articulation !

P070311_0933.jpg

P070311_0932.jpg

P070311_0938.jpg

P070311_0932_01.jpg

Must be photoshopped that mate, I've heard that IFS vehicles can't articulate!

BIG clean GREEN said:
Did my axle twisting the other day !Fair to say I'm pleased with the articulation !
I'm quite pleased with mine too.

AxleTwister1.jpg

AxleTwister2-1.jpg

Kinda puts mine to shame Chas, where was that at ? they used to do them a lot at the land rover shows I used to go to !

Tommo&Claire said:
Must be photoshopped that mate, I've heard that IFS vehicles can't articulate!
You can clearly see by the pics that the front end is Ltd somewhat.

I find that as you lift the weight off then the front wheel tends to hang as Chris's vid shows:

But, your back axle articulates nicely and if you can also lock that up, it tends to make up for it.

:o Medic!! I mean ... Moderator, linky no worky!

BIG clean GREEN said:
Kinda puts mine to shame Chas, where was that at ? they used to do them a lot at the land rover shows I used to go to ![quote="Tommo&Claire":w3ekzi4v]Must be photoshopped that mate, I've heard that IFS vehicles can't articulate!
[/quote:w3ekzi4v] That was at the Berkshire 4x4 Show 2009. Tried doing it again in 2010 and broke their ramp :o it collapsed under the weight, unfortunately I don't have any pics of that.

Must try it on my one and get a few pix!!!
Looks daft!
Did I read something before about disconnecting anti
Roll bars??

Ronanjordan said:
Is that articulation just springs and shocks changed?

Anything else done to get that?
OMU shocks with Dobinsons springs, front C59-210V, rear C59-221V, whatever that means :confusion-confused:

well thank you very much nick,
you just had to go and post all this information about something called an ironman suspension lift, then get all these other people talking about it, so thanks to you i have been in touch with westcoast and will be ordering mine on monday thank you very very much :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D :D

but seriously, nice one mate once the wife saw how easy you guys made it look she just couldn't refuse letting me have one.

Please to be of assistance :lol:

I would definitely advise you to get hold of an hydraulic spring compressor, it will make life so much simpler, I bought mine off e-bay for £99 + 15 P&P, once I'd done with it I sold it for £92 on e-bay, so all in it only cost me £23 :thumbup:

thanks for the advice nick.
ext door neighbour has one stuck in the back of the garage that i can borrow.
was just wondering what additional bushes i should get when doing the replacement, I'm guesing the old ones are original and if i am gonna spend this kinda cash on my suspension then replacing all the ushes seems wise.

Back