Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

is it a 12v or 24v? who knows

L

LandCruiser1978

Spotted this on our favorite auction site ..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LANDCR ... 33739c9c51

Now it shows as a 1997 diesel . so it should be a 24v engine .
But
It has the 12v dash and 12v front grill ...
oh and it's an auto so leads you to think it's a 12v with wrong reg or something like that ... similar to the 52 plate 80series that was on the bay a few months ago ...
I've spoken to the seller and he assured me it's a 24v

Have they ever made a 24v with the old 12v dash?
I've never seen one
Or is the seller very confused

WHO KNOWS

come on experts figure this one out

Something not right with it if you ask me. I'd say Chasie maybe 24 valve the rest of the truck and engine 12v

Karl

Just spoke to the vendor, sold for export, seems it was a 24v import, but deffo a 24v.
A pity cos I am on the hunt for a 24v auto.
gotta be quicker next time.

Andy :thumbup:

But a 24v with old style dash and front end !
It's not like it's a change over car . 12v to 24v 1994/95 because it's a 1996/7

Summit fishy going on with that car

Defo something bent about it. The import 24v still use a 24v dash. I would have asked alot of questions and done some research on that one :snooty:

Thats a 12 v

might have been a late registered car but its not a 24 unless it had an engine transplant later on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nothing about that truck says 24v to me.... Turbo decals on the side, old style grill, no 24valve badge on the rear and and and...
As Adrian said, just a late registered car or a sharp seller perhaps :whistle:

Well I just gotta say, I stand corrected I feel. The thing which convinces me the most about it being a 12v is the lack of an airbag type steering wheel.

Big arches and the later wider side steps yet all the rest looked '92ish to me and as for the blurb on the advert well
definately something a little queer has occured with the old girl?
Chris S.

He could well have been a genuine seller that didnt know that it didnt stack up in the time he had owned it.

Karl

In fact if you flick between the 2 rear 3/4 shots it has small arch on nearside and a big arch on the offside unless its me?
go have a flick :?:
Chris S.

If you flick between pictures 4 and 7 you can see both sides from the front but they look the same to me :think:

Hi Chas its been a long day, eyes playing tricks maybe? I'll get me coat.. Chris

We are talking about valves not volts...

Well there's been plenty of speculation and educated guesswork, however no one knows for sure as no one has seen under the bonnet.
It may well be the vendor called it a 24v as it had 2 batteries who knows?

Hey you got there in the end. Of course the question on volts is just what IS the advantage of the 24volt start. There have been conversions to 12 volt an they work perfectly. There are certain drawbacks to the factory system.

Anyway that's another thread for another day.

Chris

Update on this truck. Its got a 12v under the bonnet. In my opinion its either a 12v sat on a 24v chasie or its 12v truck with 24v vin plates. Got knows what will be done with the chasie numbers.

On a more positive note, it could well be a totally honest truck that was just registered from new on a P plate.

Karl

Back