Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this worth a look

no truck is going to scream out its history from a photograph- If you are a serious buyer go and see and produce the cash and haggle. I love the way you english lads moan about travelling to see a car when I have to fly over to spec a car and in the case of getting an 80 it was 2 specific wasted trips and one en route to somewhere else. Even if someone looks at it on your behalf, you are still going to have to see it yourself so its a potential wasted trip regardless. grow a set and go look at it before its on a boat to timbuktoo! OAO!

Who's moaning? I didn't post it because I am interested, it's not for me. But not heard back from the OP. When it's gone it's gone.

Chris

Not sure what to make of that one. Certainly cheap

Chris

Chris, i'm 95% sure that is where I picked mine up from. The guy was straight to deal with but it was very much on a buy as you see arrangement.

He does know the value of cruisers so it may just be the import thing. Worth speaking to him as I certainly didn't catch him out on any lies.

Andy met the guy as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just what I was going to say, I think it was there when you bought yours ( in the corner). if its the one I am thinking of its priced about right.

Andy

Not really one for me, but it's not my thread for looking! If it was, I'd have had the other red 12v that I posted already.
Just odd that the OP hasn't been back on his own thread

Chris

Now, this Guy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA.../370768369776?ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:GB:1123 simply doesn't get it. This is at least the third time he's run the ad, IIRC. And he's there again. Bear in mind, it's a RARE manual. Oooh, no, I think I'll have one of those UK spec 24v autos instead.

Bet he's had loads of interest, but offers have been less than he's asking. And I'll bet that he won't shift one penny. He's convinced that the alloys and its rareness make it sought after. If I bought it, I'd cover it with a tarp and drive it back with a slit cut in it to look out of in case someone saw me. First job, wheels in the canal along with the A bar. Bang Tidy

Just driven past Leominster today and spied a tidy looking 80 Series in Brightwell's yard; it didn't seem to sell in today's auction, having checked the results

May be worth seeing if someone with more knowledge than me can have a quick look at it if it's a diesel (easily done by putting the reg into a car insurance website of your choice), as you can bid online for them and they have the means to do delivery.

That one really is bang tidy.

C

Brightwells: the hidden gem of buying 4x4's... Except the magazines keep on mentioning how much stuff goes through for; thankfully it's mainly in reference to the Loada Rubbish stuff rather than 'Cruisers!

The classic auction actually yields some good (non-Toyota) 4x4's as well; seen some nice G-Wagens go through there and then end up on the dealers yard for £4k more!!!

That'll be why it's not sold... if they're diesels they tend to go quite quickly and for good money; there's a 100series (IIRC) that went through for 120% of top trade in price, so some dealer has done well out of that...

Its just occured to me some of you fellas might find it worth looking at the Isle of Man for LC's . It would mean importing them to some extent but most were originally from the UK mainland anyway and it costs about a hundred quid to bring em back on the ferry . The reason i mention it is the isle of man is something like 15 miles wide and 30 miles long so a 20 year old car with very low mileage is actually normal . Most go to the scrapyard long before they reach 100k on the clock . There is no M.O.T on the island unless you crash or don't tax your vehicle for more than 2 years . As a general maintenance rule i'd say nothing gets fixed until its broken .

Puzzled as to why it has no tax book though? All Irish have a tax book same as UK. The back seats are removed to make it about 1000 a year less to tax.

Funny enough i think i know that one, i'd be about 80% sure it used to belong to a neighbour of mine and was used to tow a large diesel tank and small plant around until a couple years ago until their company went bust along with the rest of Ireland!

What do people think of this one on ebay?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151002602047?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Whats GS spec anyway?

I'm another unfortunate 80 hunter from Ireland, and i will NOT drive an auto anything, i just hate them.

Just a note to buying anything from any of these export crowds, BE WARY. I have had a very small involvement in car and commercial vehicle export and as far as i can see if there is a dodge to be made it will be made. I have ALLEGEDLY 'been aware of' (covering myself) certain lorries etc being sold fully tested with bought DOE test certificates. Perfectly valid ones too, so if a local buyer steps in and buys and has the cash, no problem at all, tax, insure and drive at your peril.
Considering the UK MOT works the same as commercial vehicle testing in Ireland .............. Well draw your own conclusions!!

I'd love an 80 but just can't justify a truck that size , truth is my 90 is just a runabout and a toy i dread to think what i will do when its time to replace her coz they aint built a truck in 20 years that interests me .

I know the feeling Shayne. Viv has a Shogun, 12 years old, no problems but I can't find a car that comes with the bells and whistles that we want, which is not what the dealers want to sell us.

Roger

Puzzled as to why it has no tax book though? All Irish have a tax book same as UK. The back seats are removed to make it about 1000 a year less to tax.

Funny enough i think i know that one, i'd be about 80% sure it used to belong to a neighbour of mine and was used to tow a large diesel tank and small plant around until a couple years ago until their company went bust along with the rest of Ireland!

I think that when you export from Irl the log book gets sent off to a barn in Co.Clare and if lucky you get a letter back saying that it has been successfully exported! not hard to get a copy if you ring them or mail them.

Back