Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's Winter and it's snowing. No go on, really?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
OK this is an RR - rhetorical rant. Feel free to join in if your spleen needs a work out.

Look. It's Winter, OK. It snows in Winter. Well it hasn't really snowed that hard as a whole country for many years, but surely we haven't all forgotten what snow is?

No, someone is to blame. Someone is ALWAYS to blame. Wrong snow, too much snow, too little grit, not enough de-icer. Good grief. Settled in to watch a prog on hippos only to find that it's canceled in favour of a programme to tell me that it's snowing. Bloody hell, thank goodness I saw that. I might have gone out for a walk in my t shirt and shorts and died of hyppiethermica. Reports from nob reporters around the country and abroad. 'Let's talk to this random person, Madam what do you think about this government's absolute inability to cope with these conditions and who do you think has to resign?' Well, let's not ask leading questions then. 'Aye fink it's sumones fault and they shud doo sumfink abaat it. It's disgasting, it is. Wayne where's me fags?'

Snow does cause disruption. It does and it's tough at times. People have problems. But jeez, just get on with it. Stay in your house. Do not drive your car. Put on boots and walk if you have to. Wrap up warm. Come on it's not rocket salad is it. Make the best of it. How the hell did we form the World's largest empire? Not like this we didn't.

There was an ex mountaineer on the other day. How the hell do you become an ex mountaineer? telling people how to dress warmly if going out for a drink! I nearly put my foot through the telly. People are going to die out, I'm telling you. As a race we are too stupid to exist. All that will be left will be a convoy of Landcruiser owners driving over the remains of a million crushed X boxes and autographed pics of Simon Cow or whatever his name is, all tutting saying 'We could have told you that this would happen'

I can't get my breath. Let's elect Clarkeson as Emperor, put Ann Widecomb in charge of the Ministry for Common Sense and all grow a pair and get a bloody grip!

Right. I have said my piece. Time for a glass of warm milk and my pills.

Chris

With you there Chris.

Heard a gem yesterday from a BMW driver (and what is worrying is that I did hear the exact same thing last year from someone else in a BM trouble you....)

He could was trying to do a u turn in a side road and was front wheels into the pavement and could not back up, move at all. Actually i reckon you could get it out with some work, but you might chew up those nice shiny allys and those very expensive ultra low profile tyres.

offered to help him in his shiny new toy.

He looked with some scorn and proudly informed me that he would be fine. So i chipped in - have been watching you for 5 minutes now and you don't seem to be fine, I can have you ship shape in a jiffy. He informed me that obviously since I was driving such an old vehicle that I was not familiar with the new BMW's electronics for getting you out of such problems.

Climate control. Smiled gently and said perhaps you are mistaken, and mean traction control. Nope, he was adamant climate control.

So there you have it, BMW can now combat global cooling and free them selves from the pavements, and other slippery places, using their heaters. How very impressive.

So, somewhat lost for words I got back in my dinosaur of a truck and shot off up the slippy hill in search of someone to talk to with a bit more going on upstairs.

I wants me one of them climate controlling heaters!

So are we predicting after the apocalypse there will be cockroaches and Landcruiser owners?

Damn skippy!

Bring it on.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
SOME people know how to handle a snowy situation.
A rairoad in North Dakota.

th_RailroadCrossinginNorthDakota.jpg

Did that years ago when i had my 3 ltr Capri, got stuck on a sight hill, stuck it 2nd gently let clutch out, got out & gently pushed on the A pillar to the top of the hill, i was knackered.

Oh & well said Chris.

Don't worry, some people are prepared for the snow:
0xGHQ.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

well said Chris - so true! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

made me laugh too!

cant believe people these days think someone is to blame for everything, including snow!

heard one woman on news, when stuck on M6 sliproad saying "in end we organized ourselves and pushed cars out - I can't believe there were no police to organize us"
for petes sake! they managed without the police and got the job done!
cant people help themselves anymore! drones/sheep they are now...

If ever there was a case for social darwinism it is the ever-declining incidence of common sense....... especially when it comes to self-preservation (or lack thereof) and dealing with not-really-that-difficult problems (i.e., some snow!)

Martin, please tell me that the Beamer is a front wheel drive model!

Well, I seem to have hit a home run on this one. People are basically a bit rubbish aren't they. If life isn't packaged up for them all neat and tidy then it's Armageddon.
"OMG, I watched Nigella last night and when I went into Sainsbury's the next day that had run out of artichoke hearts, I am so like furious that I spoke to the manager and demanded compensation"

Who should have punched you in the face and told you to @*7$ off!!

Guys, I am feeling so much better.

Thank you.

Chris

Come the apocalypse when you switch on a light and nothing happens, turn on the tap and nothing. When you go to the supermarket and all there is, is a smashed empty premises, when governments have fallen and the world is reduced to a lawless, tribal, borderless land...

What was shown on the vid was unfortunately a fine representative of probably the largest demographic in the western world.. i.e. those who would not last 24hours! :shock:

Tommo&Claire said:
Come the apocalypse when you switch on a light and nothing happens, turn on the tap and nothing. When you go to the supermarket and all there is, is a smashed empty premises, when governments have fallen and the world is reduced to a lawless, tribal, borderless land...

Tommo, I never realised that you knew Sheffield so well! Imagine what it would be like though, if things got really bad. They'd have to close the dog track :o :o

C

Back