Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Keep it under wraps

Looks spot on. First scratch will be the hard one. The wife is dreading my first scratch, apparently I'll be a nightmare lol.

Could prob get a respray for around £2500 depending on the prep and if trims etc removed. A mate is a panel beater/painter and will do a colour change on a car for about £1200 including prep.

I'm pretty sure that what you have had done would cost considerably more here in the UK, I'm assuming the £2500 doesn't include the wrap?

Like yours getting mine resprayed would involve a lot more than just paint, dents, scrapes and a little bit of restorative work on the tin worm problem on the bottom of my front wings would all need looking at.

Nope, the €2,500 didn't include the wrap, but it did include welding repairs and all the stuff listed.

Looks very nice. i bet your very happy with the results.
Stu

Cheers Stu, happy indeed, if not a bit afraid to drive it like I used to. I took it on the mountain today but I kept to the tracks and away from the scratchy bushes!

Looks spot on. First scratch will be the hard one. The wife is dreading my first scratch, apparently I'll be a nightmare lol.

Could prob get a respray for around £2500 depending on the prep and if trims etc removed. A mate is a panel beater/painter and will do a colour change on a car for about £1200 including prep.

Cheers Gary,

Yep, first cut the deepest and all that. It's not a perfect job, so I have some head starts, but I'll just keep it as good as I can. I refuse not to drive it, but I'll probably change my style of offroad for a while!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Taking it easy first time out, on Saturday we set off on the one-hour drive from our house to the ski slopes at Poiana Brasov. It was a hot day, some 36 degrees C so some altitude would cool us off nicely.

image.jpg

We took a wrong turn and ended up at a winding station where the track ended.

image.jpg

So we back tracked and went up another way, past the new snow cannon reservoir they built last year.

image.jpg

All easy stuff but steep going anyway. The tracks were dry and not too rutted by running water, it's been a very dry summer so far.

image.jpg

My daughter enjoyed the view from the top as we did, at about 2,300m.

image.jpg

We had a little walk and took in the views.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gave us chance to have a drink at the cable-car station restaurant

image.jpg

Even the car was enjoying the view :lol:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Better scenery on the way down, it was all in front of us, instead!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then it was the run home for BBQ and some beer, about an hour later.

On Sunday, I reluctantly avoided my favourite narrow lane behind the house because its very overgrown at the moment. Don't want scratches this's early! So I took the long way around on the asphalt road to "The Hill" behind us.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My wife found more of an ass than the one she married!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lots of horses and cows enjoying the grazing

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then back home to chicken snitzel and some local red wine before the ride back to Bucharest for another week of work! :icon-cry:

Anyway, a nice weekend away from it all, and none of it too far away.

Clive, you have to go down a scratchy lane for the benefit of our education!!

Want to know if it works or not so whether to get it done on my 60 when I get it back.

Lovin the piccies, looks awesome. Did the transfag thingy pass 2 years ago and absolutely loved it.

Last edited:
Clive, you have to go down a scratchy lane for the benefit of our education!!

Want to know if it works or not so whether to get it done on my 60 when I get it back.

Lovin the piccies, looks awesome. Did the transfag thingy pass 2 years ago and absolutely loved it.

MMMMM, a scratchy lane so soon Moggy, not sure about that. I could lie of course and say it's great!

Maybe next w/e, maybe (the wife will kill me if it scratches!!)

Good to see another LC visiting ski centres.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Good to see another LC visiting ski centres.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Andy!

Yep, they're great aren't they? The tracks are usually navigable (if you can find them) and although steep in places, they're not extreme. You get some great views from the top and for us it was a relief to get to some more acceptable temperatures, around 26 degrees C instead of 36 degrees! Phew! :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Sod's law I suppose...

Well since August last year, the wrap has done pretty well and my new paint job under it has been well protected.

There have been some scuffs in the plastic, but that's what it's there fore and no complaints on that score.

Then, on Wednesday, just before going to Oman for a few days, I went to the car to find this...

I have to park in the street, most timed by a school, and some little barstewards had lobbed a rock over the wall! :angry-screaming:

Of course it will repair, but what a PITA. Why couldn't they have done that before the re spray?

Actually, the wrap almost saved it, but the force has dented the wing too, so it needs the panel/paint shop anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    732.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Must have been a big bloody rock, that looks as though something was actually THROWN against it..

Threw a rock? What with, a trebuchet?

Damn that's a real scratch. We feel your pain. Just as well it's blue. Least popular colour :icon-cry: :icon-cry: :icon-cry: :icon-cry: :icon-cry: :icon-cry:

Now thats bad luck Clive. I knew the Blue cruisers would attract dents and dings... People & trees hate the colour so do as much as they can to cause damage. Feel your pain !:angry-cussingblack:

oooch, wait till play time and chuck it back at the little gits!
Steve

Back