Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ90 first used May 12th 1998

They were never fitted full time because they can't get through an mot being lhd lights . i will replace the internals one day but its low priority .

I was starting to think 3 weeks might be enough time to get sorted for the trip and now she tells me i have to wash it as well !
DSCF2688 (1).JPG

Jeez Shayne, looking great!

Does that mean I have to wash mine as well? (got me wellies and axles muddy yesterday...)

DSCN8078.JPG

Where would we be without wishful thinking Clive eh , so you just keep it up mate and you might make a century yet :lol:

Things i wanted done won't be done , if i didn't have to change a lower ball joint i might have pushed to have sliders fitted as well , but typically the thing that pays me pennies has gone tits up again of late so its all a juggling act and i think i may end up tuning the cb in Belgium .

I've yet to even look at the trailer !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In a bid to reduce noise new springs arrived to replace the standard height heavy duty Pedders .

DSCF2700.JPG

While i'm sure they do give a 2 inch lift i wasn't overwhelmed

DSCF2701.JPG

And so after sticking the cone bump stop in i decided to add the coil spacers i've been using until now

DSCF2702.JPG

DSCF2704.JPG

which exaggerates things a bit

DSCF2703.JPG

I forgot to take a pic of the truck how it sits now but i can't help thinking i should have bought bigger tyres :(

Get some 35's!! ;)

I think they might fit Beau the trouble is my 305/70 R16 are about 2 months old and 5 of them along with 5 16x10 steel wheels must have cost close to a grand .

I'm sure this was mentioned on holiday?

What are you waffling on about mr pram wheels , it's your photo of my truck that makes me wonder if i'm just being greedy wanting wanting bigger tyres !

upload_2017-10-4_22-23-37.jpeg

Just keep hold of the old springs to strap to Helen's shoes to help her get in. :)

From the pic above, those current shoes fill the arch quite well! Could always keep an eye out for some 35's meanwhile if a deal comes up!

Just keep hold of the old springs to strap to Helen's shoes to help her get in. :)

She was telling her sister today "he goes out back doing nothing he tells me but i when i go to get in it its always taller" .

And i thought i had her convinced she's imagining things :shhh:

Mind you Nick struggled to get in it when the above pic was taken and it is most definitely taller now so i will have to think of some other diversion :think: maybe she's shrinking .

I haven't measured it Beau but there's a good 2 inches clearances at the front mudflap and i feel my gearing has suffered as a result of the 305's actually being smaller than the 285's they replace (due to the 10" wide wheels that replace 8" i think)

I'm happy with the Toyo open country mt though but size options are limited .

Red tractor spray paint hasn't arrived for the springs yet and i hope the Monroe gas shocks will do a lot more miles than the Pedders ones they replace which are dead and so i didn't even consider replacing with the same .

Is the red paint massey ferguson or the red from the rims of a claas tractor? I ask as green tractors with yellow wheels seem to be popular around here! Lol :lol::thumbup:

Is the red paint massey ferguson or the red from the rims of a claas tractor? I ask as green tractors with yellow wheels seem to be popular around here! Lol :lol::thumbup:

Massey red and it better be tough for the price of it !

what happened to the pedders?

Pedders failed MOT for leaking (and they do seem to be leaking) , i doubt they have 10k miles on them though i can't in truth remember when they were fitted but , what annoys me is my swb is not heavy enough to compress the springs more than an inch unless i do something extreme and there's been little enough of that .

Back