Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser ID

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Apart from the obvious, what are *these* exactly.... is it also known as a 120?

Are they any good?

Will this one have air con?

First on the buzzer.... no conferring..... your time starts now :thumbup:

Funny, I looked at that earlier. They are quite good, but that is the base model (I think).

Paul

I had a look at a K2 model when I was looking around for my truck. I think Paul is right about it being the basic model as it has none of the plastic bodywork that our LWB Colorado has of the same era.

Compare it to Steve's (Sae70) truck Firey... :cool:

Looks tidy from the pics

yep SWB 90 Series and yes they are good ;) well I think they are

I think they all have air con and this if its a Uk one will have arear diff lock as standard. looks like the switch is hiding behind the ignition keys

Claire, as in Tommo and Claire has one.
I'm sure Tommo will be along soon to tell you all about it.
Very basic with no toys but I would say virtually indestructible for it. Cracking little pooch carrier.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah it's a SWB 90, similar to LB....

Ecky Thump said:
Cracking little pooch carrier.

erm... can be used for more that that I am sure :roll:

And when you say "little" you are not refering to the dog :whistle:

Yeah but I can get though some narrow gaps.... ask Ryan :whistle:

I've been looking for the specification/equipment list for this thing for an hour now & can't find it :roll: I've seen one on the net as I considered buying one before I bought Fiery & I to wondered WTF a K2 was :? :D So from memory it was a 1998MY limited edition for the UK only to celebrate some significant event happening on the K2 mountain range & should have a mountain range decal down both sides :) As you can see it has no plastic body work bits but what you can't see is it also has no AC (but i think it got a sunroof :?: :!: ) & no ABS :? :) I also thought it didn't get the diff lock but I must have been mistaken as this chap clearly states that it has a diff lock :) Oh & I think that there were only 100 of them made available :)

Keep searching the net though as there is defo more info on them out there as I've seen it :D

I remember these as I was driving a 95 when they came out. They were a special edition and only in white IIRC. In essence they were a top range farmer's model. I seem to remember that they were released in connection with something, but can't remember what. Nothing to do with K2 I don't think. Possibly in recognition of Brian Blessed's third helping of curried Yak at camp 2 on Helvelyn. But in terms of them being a 'special' edition, there wasn't anything actually special about them. They're great obviously, but they didn't have traction control, a Merc engine or a third diff lock or something magical.

Chris

Yes that's the same as Claire's.

i think it's an EX or an FX??? but no matter, toys,

What it has:

Centre and Rear Difflock
Skid plates all the way back to the rear axle ( they wont stop a determined impact but they're adequate)

Erm that's it!

What it doesn't have:

Air Con
ABS
Auto Gearbox
Intercooler
Arch Extensions
Any luxuries at all!

That said it is a good, honest, UN Spec truck. It does exactly what it says on the tin really, it is spartan on the inside and spartan under the bonnet too, that said, there is very little to go wrong with it.

She adores it, job done! ;)

Tommo&Claire said:
Yes that's the same as Claire's.

i think it's an EX or an FX??? but no matter, toys,

What it has:

Centre and Rear Difflock
Skid plates all the way back to the rear axle ( they wont stop a determined impact but they're adequate)

Erm that's it!

What it doesn't have:

Air Con
ABS
Auto Gearbox
Intercooler
Arch Extensions
Any luxuries at all!

That said it is a good, honest, UN Spec truck. It does exactly what it says on the tin really, it is spartan on the inside and spartan under the bonnet too, that said, there is very little to go wrong with it.

She adores it, job done! ;)
And just to add, everyone that's seen it loves it :thumbup:

So you wont be selling it to my missus now then i suppose :(

Need something, she has starting saying things like, "can i just borrow yours to go down the shops as mine is iced up" and "i'll just go and move it for you" and the worst ever.......... "next time we go to the plain, i could have a go"

These are desparate times :(

No mate, now we are not moving to Gibraltar we will be keeping both.

Sorry mate, she just wont part with it! :snooty:

What's worse is that she named it. Tinker bell or something. Oh hang on - Lily, wasn't it?

INCOMING!

Chris

I bet everyone secretly names their cruisers.... come out out with it everyone, what do you call them.....

Tommo's is Monsterhead (because it is secretly a transformer, so says 5 year old)
Ecky's is The Beast
Mum's is Willow

I think most people will know the look :whistle:

Oops, did i pre empt an edit there?

Tommo&Claire said:
I bet everyone secretly names their cruisers.... come out out with it everyone, what do you call them.....Tommo's is Monsterhead (because it is secretly a transformer, so says 5 year old)
Ecky's is The Beast
Mum's is Willow.......
Mine is The Phoenix, on account of the number of times it's been resurrected :lol: :lol:

Back