Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser 100 wheel nuts

maddog

Country Flag
australia
Hi,

I recently bought a Landcruiser 100 series and a camper trailer which I have bought new hubs to run Landcruiser wheels on. The hubs were specified for the 100 series. I bought new wheel nuts to mount the wheels......but they don't fit the studs!

Research indicates the Landcruiser 100 wheel nuts are metric (14mm x 1.5mm), but the dealer selling me the hubs told me I needed 9/16", 80 degree wheel nuts. I assume therefore he has supplied me with the 9/16" studs on the hub. Does anyone know if this spec is for an earlier Landcruiser, and if so which one? I don't mind running different wheel nuts on trailer vs rig - just want to use the same wheels so all spare wheels are suitable for both rig and trailer.

Toyota dealer didn't know the tread/ angle of chamfer specs, just wanted the model/series to get a part number....you know the score! Just want to be able to give him the model for the wheel nuts I need (i.e. the 9/16" version).

Thanks!

Maddog

I know a 9/16 spanner is a metric size 14, not much help I know but what you need to know is the thread pitch and diameter of the stud to match it to a wheel stud nut, thread pitch of 80 degrees perhaps?

Or you could perhaps replace the studs with Lc 100 rear axle studs and nuts might be worth removing a stud from the trailer hub and checking.

9/16 is obviously an imperial thread so the supplier should be able to tell you the thread TYPE. e.g UNF, BSF etc. Once you know this you can order the nuts. I'm surprised if he can't supply nuts. Perhaps he does not have the right angle for the wheel location but you could alter this on a lathe.

The stud will be 9/16 th inch diameter.

Some Landcruiser AF studs are shown here :-

http://alko.com.au

Thanks both for your replies - all sorted now, found a trailer parts outlet which dealt in specs not part numbers from the system. Still have no idea why the hub supplier gave me 9/16" studs when the wheels I was matching to use 14mm nuts!

Good thing, glad you got it sorted.

Sounds like metrication in Aus although by Act of Parliament was done half heartedly as it was in UK with many exemptions. So what they are supplying is an old imperial size stud.9/16 UNF. Trouble is the nut size would be 13/16 inch. So they have made a 14 mm nut with a UNF thread so you have all 14 mm nuts on your car and trailer for convenience.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back