Company -More than,
NCB - 65 % - Protected.
Excess - =A3 150
Area - S. Wales.
Garaged , std alarm.
Mods - none.
=A3 357 P.A.
Me - 46 years on the clock
I changed over to more than last year and opted for the protected NCB, at a cost of =A310. A week later someone drove into the back of me whilst I was waiting to turn right. The vehicle was lightly damaged, bumper etc but was repaired within 3 weeks, courtesy car provided, getting the excess back took 6 months but by this time I regarded it as bonus. The assessor was not remotely worried by the 285/75 BFG's fitted - his comment "nice tyres - what did they cost?" I am renewing with more than.
Regards Gareth '97 1-HDFT

Best I could find for a lightly modified (ARB front bar, safari snorkel,
OME 2" lift) 1991 UK model HDJ80 was Adrian Flux (08700 775566)at about
=A3450 fully comp with max NCB. Neill - they claim to do good deals on
imports...
Toby Welburn
'91 HDJ80

Much the same deal with me:
Norwich Union Direct,
?360 fully comp,
full & protected NCB,
can't remember the excess but I think it's ?100,
kept "off street" (actually 1/2 mile from the street, but they didn't have a category for that)
standard category II immobiliser
unmodified vehicle
- but I've only got 45 years on the clock (sorry Gareth) maybe being younger makes me more dangerous!
I'm told that the NFU can be good value too, as they "understand" 4x4s. Certainly some friends of ours who insure their Landrover with NFU were astonished to find that adding their L plated 17 year old to its insurance was only ?85. Maybe worth a try for a non-standard vehicle?
Christopher Bell
1996 1HD-FT
Devon
I changed over to more than last year and opted for the protected NCB, at a cost of ?10. A week later someone drove into the back of me whilst I was waiting to turn right. The vehicle was lightly damaged, bumper etc but was repaired within 3 weeks, courtesy car provided, getting the excess back took 6 months but by this time I regarded it as bonus. The assessor was not remotely worried by the 285/75 BFG's fitted - his comment "nice tyres - what did they cost?" I am renewing with more than

Have you tried "more than" ? Competitive price and they got the cruiser
fixed quickly and eventually the excess back.
Rgds Gareth Jones.

Just to add to the Insurance thread.
Tried getting a quote from Direct Line online, but got halted when asking about the
alarm system.
Rang them up and for:
a 1994 VX
value 10k
upgraded suspension and bumper and winch
fully comp
?150 excess
No garage, but private drive.
Alarm/Immobiliser
5years NCB
Aged 39
Wife (+3 points) as named driver