Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lanotec

pyemaster

Garage
Thinking of trying to find some Lanotec to get splashed around underneath the truck, was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it? I know John Rooth raves about it, but he'd sell anything if given a carton.

Still, the product seems pretty good, and might do the job? I'd be thinking chassis rails, under arches, general floor, axle and suspension components. I'm wary of trapping any moisture in under a treatment, but figured it has to be better than giving it another British winter exposed?

Owen

Have you looked at Krown, Owen?
I don't know Lanotec, but guessing you are talking rust prevention. They have a centre based in Dudley. I had my truck done last year and they were very thorough. The Krown fluid dispersed water so much that they don't need to dry the underside after jet washing it off. I did a write up with some photos on here. Have a search for Krown.

Thanks chap, I did read that thread a while ago actually, and forgot you were happy with the results. Will give them a tinkle.

Cheers
Owen

Only time will tell I guess Owen, but almost one year on, so far so good.

I might clean off a patch on my tow bar and give it a spray as an indicator.

Have you looked at Krown, Owen?
I don't know Lanotec, but guessing you are talking rust prevention. They have a centre based in Dudley. I had my truck done last year and they were very thorough. The Krown fluid dispersed water so much that they don't need to dry the underside after jet washing it off. I did a write up with some photos on here. Have a search for Krown.
I'm going to give Krown a go when we get back from Romania, Rich how long do they take to do a Cruiser?

I'm going to give Krown a go when we get back from Romania, Rich how long do they take to do a Cruiser?
About 3 hours Chas. They've got a waiting area or they're quite happy for you to watch their every move if you want to.
I don't know if they're going to do the AO show this year but booking it there netted a reasonable discount.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is LANOTEC the same as LANOLIN?
Basically Sheeps fat?
As used in the shipping industry from around early 70`s to the late 90`s...

If so I use it.

My neighbour sprays the KROWN stuff. I have for the last year or so asked him for a sample..... & I am still waiting :) I understand they make a big deal out of their "Environmental" angle towards the public

And similar to Fluid Film, which can be had in different viscosities for different use. Lanolin Oil. Sheeps Wool oil.

Mate, honestly I don't like it. I bought a 5ltr lanotec heavy duty to spray underneath my truck as "Roothy" recommended. I found that as a protective layer, it works, but it's almost like a grease once the thinner evaporates. Than it becomes a crap collector, picking up bloody everything that'll stick to it lol.
It works, don't get me wrong it protects well, but geez it's sticky. I thought about trying the standard lanotec, but it's to hard to find in a 5ltr without ordering online.
I'm currently using Inox Mx3, it's cheap ($50 from trade tools 5ltr) waaaaaay less sticky, protects very well, doesn't harm rubber and doesn't wash off to easy. I find it has all the benefits of lanotec without the stickyness.
However, I do find the lanotec HD excellent as a surface wipe for my bullbar. Used sparingly, it doesn't collect the crap/dust and stays on forever.
But as an under body spray, it's to tacky and sticky for me.

I assume You see LESS Salt on Aussie roads then....

If I understand UHU roght, Lanotec is the same as Lanolin or FluidFilm.
Fluid Film being the "European" bradename for the automotive industry. It comes in a variety of forms.
From piss-thin to thick grease.
I would 1000x rayther have a sticky undercarridge (than can be wiped cleaned) that the corrisoin we suffer

I assume You see LESS Salt on Aussie roads then....

If I understand UHU roght, Lanotec is the same as Lanolin or FluidFilm.
Fluid Film being the "European" bradename for the automotive industry. It comes in a variety of forms.
From piss-thin to thick grease.
I would 1000x rayther have a sticky undercarridge (than can be wiped cleaned) that the corrisoin we suffer

Yeh we don't really salt our roads in Australia. They might do it down south in Alpine country during winter. Even than I don't think they use it much.
As for lanotec being a good protector, I'd say it's the best protector I've ever used. But the reason I don't like its stickyness is because I only really need protection when I use my vehicle on our beaches. Sand sticks to bloody everything under the truck when I use lanotec, so when I pressure wash the truck afterwards I get buckets of sand all over my yard lol.
Lanotecs protective properties against rust are second to none.
Still hate it, but it works wonderfully.

Hmm, when I had a flock of sheep, they always enjoyed rubbing themselves against things (enough already !) and it was noticeable that rusty bits of hurdles got a film of lanolin on them and stopped rusting. I wonder if I raised the LC enough and penned a few ewes in underneath whether this could be a low labour method of rustproofing and a new business opportunity for sheep farmers ?

Back