Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lap seat belts......

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
The centre seat in Fiery's passenger seats only has a lap belt fitted & I wondered if anyone was aware if there's a three point seat belt conversion available for this seating position? Maybe newer 90/95's have a three point seat belt in the centre seat position that can be retro fitted into the older trucks :think: ?

Hi Steven,

I've been looking into this exact same issue on my VZJ95. Even the newer 2001 MY "facelift" Colorado's only have a lap belt for the middle seat.

Having 3 kids, my youngest, 5yrs, travels in the middle in a car seat with integral belts. This seat is OK fitted with a lap belt, it's one of those big hefty jobs that is pretty much permanently fixed in place. However, he will out grow that seat soon and will then need just a "booster" type seat. When he gets to that stage, I'm not happy with him just having a lap belt (or even if he moves to another seat, one of his older siblings sitting in the middle with just a lap belt).

If I can't find an alternative solution, I'm seriously thinking about changing cars - I know that sounds a bit drastic but at the end of the day, the LC is our "family" car and if it can't fulfill that purpose to our satisfaction...... :( :?

One solution is to use one of the 3rd row seats as they have 3 point belts. However that then eats into your boot space.........making it very impractical. :thumbdown:

Please let me know if you find anything. :thumbup:

chadr said:
Having 3 kids, my youngest, 5yrs, travels in the middle in a car seat with integral belts. This seat is OK fitted with a lap belt, it's one of those big hefty jobs that is pretty much permanently fixed in place. However, he will out grow that seat soon and will then need just a "booster" type seat. When he gets to that stage, I'm not happy with him just having a lap belt (or even if he moves to another seat, one of his older siblings sitting in the middle with just a lap belt).
Ditto :| I'm using a Britax child seat with the lap belt, one of only two makes of child seat that I found designed to work with a lap belt. But when the twins grow out of there child seats into booster seats I will have a far bigger problem on my hands than yourself as Fiery being a shorty hasn't got a third row of seats as an option :roll: :|

NB - My m8's Range Rover has the same problem :|

sae70 said:
.. I'm using a Britax child seat with the lap belt, one of only two makes of child seat that I found designed to work with a lap belt....:|

Yes, ours is a "Britax Eclipse Si" or something similar.....

So 3 point seat belts then :| Any ideas anyone :?: :pray:

sae70 said:
So 3 point seat belts then :| Any ideas anyone :?: :pray:

When my 'kids' needed child seats (they're in their 30's now :doh: ) one could get belts that fitted to a rail that ran across the car behind the rear seat.

If you have the bolted-in load cover fittings behind the seat - could that be used for something similar ???

I haven't searched, but Britax and so on used to make these kind of belts. Maybe they are still about ?

We now have a 7 month old Grandson, so we'll be facing this problem again sometime :lol:

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back