Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC5 Suspension problem

michaelbinary

Hi, I have a 2004 LC5 100,000miles and the suspension seems to have gone lala.
A rear sensor mounting bracket was rusted through leaving the sensor hanging free. Not surprisingly the suspension got pissed off.
This was replaced but all is not well.
The suspension feels uncoordinated now, and quite harsh going over bumps. It feels like its pushing when it should be giving.
When setting the ride height to low, it lowers but the dash led never comes on solid and after a couple of minutes reverts to the normal setting.
When setting the ride height to high, it reaches it eventually but does not come back to normal until about 40MPH is reached.
For 5 years whenever I got out of the car, 30 secs later the suspension settled a little and expelled a bit of gas, light when you press a tyre value, it no longer does this at all.
Finally I am not sure the comfort/sport rotary switch no longer seems to make any difference.

I can believe the entire suspension system has sudenly got buggered so does anybody have a clue what it might be.

TIA Michael

Was it Gary who recently pulled all his LC5 suspension off, and went with coily coil springs?

Maybe he has some bits left?

Graham

Nope - pulled it off but put on bigger air bags and links to fool the AHC. Sounds like this needs a reset - I think have instructions for this at home and will check later.

Cheers

Michael - you have mail! ;) - not sure it's too much help - still looking for the reset mechanism .... Perhaps batteries disconnected for 30 minutes will help too.

Cheers

Back