Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lets Overland

Lets Overland

Country Flag
uk
Hi everybody,

My name is Christopher Lowe owner of Lets Overland we run 4x4 tours to Spain and Portugal in Spring,Summer and Autumn times using modern campsites and on the Portuguese trips we us some wild camp locations.
Please check out our website I hope this is of interest to this forum, I hope so.

We use a Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series for our tours..We also have a small shop online stocking Toyota and Overland accessories.

I hope this is posted in the correct place if not am sorry.

Chris at Lets Overland

letsoverland co.uk

Chris welcome. Sounds very interesting, but as a business I believe you will need to join the forum as a trade member if you haven't already. Then feel free to join in.

Chris

Interesting. Welcome. I will have a look at the site.Karl

Very interesting, and a lovely web site:clap:

Hi Chris and Welcome.

I have had a look at your site a few times and was going to drop you a note. I am keen to pop over to Spain (North western area) and wondered f you might have an idea as to the Do's and Dont's for off roading in Spain, the best time to visit weather wise, if you can assist in booking ferries if there is a discount to be had and generally provide some in site into Spain.

Regards

Warren

We were thinking of doing something like this at the back end of 2014. Trouble is we are working 7/7 from end of March to end October :( Almost Nowt in winter, which is when the stupid weather changes and its too cold for camping....unless we head off to southern Portugal on our own twixt October & March......oooh, thats a plan!
Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.We have been toying with the idea of running tours in the winter months, but using Hotels and guest houses we will be looking into this over this winter.

Chris...........

Still want to camp in my new tent........and herd of Labbydors! But may be persuaded to leave her indoors at home and take my mistress :0

:wtf:

Steve

Portugal definitely more on the overland radar nowadays.

We are going in September, think there are 4 vehicles, maybe 5.

Braganca is a great start point, we use Cepo Verde as a base, and also used a site further south near Monteignas (which translates as the town of 'Mountains'!)

I worked out last years trip cost me £1,600.00 in full.

The thing we learnt was not to do too much in one day, we aimed for about 80km, but next year we are doing circular routes, maybe 40km a day, and we are going to get up into the Montesinho, and also over to Spain again, had a great day hopping over the border.

We also found a completely deserted hamlet, really really spooky, like Blair Witch style.

It really is greenlane heaven, its put Morocco off the radar for me, I loved the place and (excepting the Republican Guard) the people, although some rural areas were a bit insular.

Regards

Pete

Nice site Chris, but you need to adjust your prices for the Ironman kit - a simple google search throws up at least 1 UK supplier undercutting you by more than 10% on for fridges. Not having a pop, incidentally - mentioning it because its something I'm currently researching anyway for a build project!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply all the prices for Ironman kit in the UK is current on the lastest stock.Just double check the current price if it's correct grab yourself a saving.

Chris...

Appreciate the quick response - thanks Chris. Good luck with Lets Overland :thumbup:

Back