Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Limitations of an AA van.

Roger Fairclough

Clause 19 page 21 "Matters outside the AA's reasonable control".

To this clause they have added "roads that are not reasonably accessible by the AA" to cover green byways or tracks.

Roger

That's because we use front wheel drive vans, that are loaded to maximum weight, and can't get grip once off of dry tarmac.:shifty:

Clause 19 page 21 "Matters outside the AA's reasonable control".

To this clause they have added "roads that are not reasonably accessible by the AA" to cover green byways or tracks.

Roger

Hardly unreasonable - breakdown cover is for the normo's that use tarmac. If you insist on driving offroad, it's assumed that you're capable enough to get yourself out of the stuck. I have a similar problem with the rally car - if we're off the road, no help! That said, most of the roadside assitance people don't cover rally cars being used on the road, even though they must have MOT, Tax and Insurance like any other car...

Hardly unreasonable - breakdown cover is for the normo's that use tarmac. If you insist on driving offroad, it's assumed that you're capable enough to get yourself out of the stuck. I have a similar problem with the rally car - if we're off the road, no help! That said, most of the roadside assitance people don't cover rally cars being used on the road, even though they must have MOT, Tax and Insurance like any other car...

I knew that. The reason I pointed it out was that the AA have just added it to their conditions. Maybe it was a sign that other people had complained of zero assistance on Stanage Edge:icon-biggrin:

Roger

ps. Driving un-surfaced rights of way with vehicular rights, is not driving off-road.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A good friend of mine has an ex AA Land Rover Defender...

The AA Special Operations use Defender 110s. Was still left to muggins to pull the stricken 130 off the Welsh hillside though, all the green ovals scarpered saying they didn't have the grunt :eusa-snooty:

Niva.

On your motor, I suggest you increase the pressure exerted by the cap by adding on another rubber washer on the lower section. It worked for me prior to ordering a new cap.

New cap arrived today so will be fitted tomorrow.

Roger

Back