Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 19th July

:thumbup:

How much are the seat covers?

Not sure yet. When I bought mine IIRC they were $100 (£50 ish) But that was before I was working in the industry, so at cost maybe $20-$30 less than RRP.

I'm hoping to go to TJM tomorrow lunch time to get a set. :icon-smile:

If you've got space could I have one of those please?
I've got a heavy duty cover on the drivers seat which can move over.

How do I pay you? :icon-biggrin:

:thumbup:

Not sure yet. When I bought mine IIRC they were $100 (£50 ish) But that was before I was working in the industry, so at cost maybe $20-$30 less than RRP.

I'm hoping to go to TJM tomorrow lunch time to get a set. :icon-smile:

Ben can you get a drivers and front passenger seat cover for an 80? (Grey colour preferably) if you can fit them in your suitcase :lol: that would be great. :cool:

Yeah no worries guys. :thumbup:

I really like them, there great covers and have heaps of handy storage pockets. :clap:

This is what they look like:

Attachments

• tjm covers.png
    tjm covers.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 153
  • tjm.jpg
    tjm.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 147
  • www.offroad-land.cz.jpg
    www.offroad-land.cz.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 155
Ben can i have some seat covers if room. Cheers

The camping is at approx SO8136967195 / lat 52.302551, lon -2.274643. Here's a map. Lincomb farm is towards the top. Go down past the turning to the woods on the left, don't take the first turning on the right that we use for the farm drive, carry on to the next turning on the right that has signs for Winall Caravan Park.

lincomb-ben-map.jpg

The turning off Lincomb lane at 1 looks like this, note the signs for the caravan park and the white cottage in the background:

20140713_104928.jpg

once you turn at 1 you can either turn left a short way up the lane heading towards the white cottage, turn right at the cottage/a, right again at the top of that field/b, and follow your nose round to c from there which is a bit rutted, or just continue up the lane till you get to 2 below

20140713_104621.jpg

turn left and follow the track around the back of the caravan park don't turn into the caravan park

20140713_104700.jpg

you'll go past part of the caravan park, down a hill and then you go through a gate into an open field - follow your nose roughly straight ahead for a bit then bearing right down to a gap in the hedge and you have arrived - I forgot to take a picture of that.

If you don't go through the first gap and go the long way round there is a small muddy hole at 4 you probably don't want to tow a trailer tent though :icon-wink: go back along to the first gap in the hedge!

There was a unimog do at Lincomb this weekend I gate crashed and there was wood left over that the chap who brought it said we could have for this weekend so we've put it in a pile at the base of one of the trees in the hay field :icon-biggrin: The grass should be cut this week
:cool:

20140713_102555.jpg

probably not enough on its own but a fair bit. Burns very well but a bit smokey.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep, spot on Jon, grass will be cut this week, plenty of room for everyone, could possibly camp several hundred folks down there! ;-)

Nope, that's further upstream! It's close to Winnall caravan park.
for those that know the farm drive, it's the hay field after the clay pits.

Last edited:
Great work, thanks John. :thumbup:

Tony, does the fire wood need to be clean wood (logs) or would old wood from a house renovation be ok? :think:

Ben can i have some seat covers if room. Cheers

Will see what I can do mate. :icon-wink:

Good question Ben. I can bring along a couple of ton bags of scrap wood we got from Grimsby docks if that's okay. Give a lovely blue flame sometimes due to the salt water.

As long as there are no nails, or metal work. Got enough hay for this year, but will bale it next!

Will also say if anyone wants to turn up on Friday and set camp, you are more than welcome if you want to make a weekend of it, :)
just let me know, my mob no is 07896-200777

cheers

Cant wait! :dance:

There is still a few spaces on the green laning trip if anyone is keen.

Were wild camping in Wales on the Friday night and laning back to Lincomb on the Saturday and hoping to be there about 1-2pm.
I'm leaving Essex around 15:30Hrs on Friday. Picking Ben up from Lincomb around 19:30hrs, traffic dependant! Then heading up to a camp spot about two an a half hours into Wales from Lincomb near to the start of the first lane at SH 79721 24917. The intension is to head out at 08:00Hrs Saturday morning down the first lane heading toward the second at SH 65578 13327 then onto Happy Valley SH 62344 01538. At the bottom of Happy valley it'll be on to Chuckle lane just above Machynlleth, reminiscing for a few moments at the spot where LJ fell over. After Chuckle Lane it will depend upon the time, but possibly Strata Florida, the Roman Road or heading across to Shropshire to pick up a few lanes on the way back to Lincomb. The first three lanes should not cause any damage unless you get it wrong and fall off the edge or hit a tree or a wall, but Chuckle Lane one should expect some kind of damage! At a minimum pin striping, but every time I do it I damage the exhaust and the last time ripped off Swampy's front bumper and damaged the exhaust! If you don't fancy it you could always wait at the bottom :) :) ;)

Last edited:
My local TJM (where I get a discount) are all out of seat covers. :doh:

Earliest they can get some sent down from head office in sunny Queensland is Thursday which is when I will be on a plane! :thumbdown:

Had a delivery of Tony Toyota's 2H gasket set today though. :icon-cool:

Attachments

• P7140050.JPG
    P7140050.JPG
    626.1 KB · Views: 124
I also picked up the other Doug's Tub.

P7140051_zpsaa26fb29.jpg

P7140052_zps004e5837.jpg

And fortunately it all fits in my suitcase. :icon-biggrin:

P7140053_zpsaa89a3b1.jpg

I'm getting excited now!!! :dance:

That's a shame about the covers Ben, I've been looking for a good set for a long time.

I'm sure theres another company that does some very similar!

When I got mine and posted up about them some one posted a link to a place in the UK selling them and they looked very similar but they wernt TJM. :think:

If I get chance I will have a look through my LJ70 thread and see if I can find the link. :icon-wink:

Back