Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 19th July

It's never a given that a camp site that you once used in the past will still be usable the next time you want to use it and you have to be prepared to camp wherever you can if it's not available!

Here's a photo of just such a camp on the edge of a forestry track as one of the guys with use had broken down right there, so there we camped with no fire!!!

b7690f50-0739-4160-88bb-1fc8d75c345c_zpsada9b140.jpg

And here's another occasion where we camped on a little cut through track between two busy lanes that where in use up until quite late by other off-roaders. Again because we had no other option, but to do so! We parked a vehical at each end to block the lane from vehicles running us over as we slept in our tents :)

IMG_5936_zps1827447b.jpg

IMG_5941_zpsde15e1ee.jpg

The camp site that I hope to be able to use on Friday evening is one that I've now used twice before the last time was just a couple of months back. It's a large flattish area suitable for 8+ vehicles with trees all around, so is very sheltered and is very close to the start of the first lane. It was probably a landing deck for when they last cut the forest in that area. There was a fallen tree last time we were there blocking the entrance that made access tight, but it was passable. there is another camp site about 2 miles away from this one, but when we were there last there was 30+ trees down across the track and access to it was impossible! They were also felling the forest all around the intended camp site when we were last up there and where operating within a few hundred meters of it! So I guess we have to be prepared to hunt down another site or make do with areas closer to the road, but I'm happy to go for it and I'll have the boys with me :) If all else fails there's a couple of spots along the first lane from what I can remember :)

Here's a photo of the site when we were last there a couple of months back :)

IMG_9788_zpsc9893cf0.jpg

This is what was going on just up the road though the last time we used it!

IMG_9778_zps5a0b7294.jpg

IMG_9779_zps3150dff3.jpg

Not long now!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Just booked my hire car. :icon-cool:

I wonder if it will make it down the field to the camp site? :shifty:

Chas

I could pm you but thought it easier to ask here as then everyone knows.

I have a box of bits Jon has for me and a tyre inflator from Ben and some battery tie downs from Karl that I was hoping to collect but with family out it's not looking likely.

You are the closest to me and was hoping you could do a huge favour and bring the bits back with you. I am happy to collect from your home or meet you on your way back on the m4 or m25 if that works.

A long shot I know and just shout if you can't and I can make another plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You said it was a hire car. Of course it will.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas

I could pm you but thought it easier to ask here as then everyone knows.

I have a box of bits Jon has for me and a tyre inflator from Ben and some battery tie downs from Karl that I was hoping to collect but with family out it's not looking likely.

You are the closest to me and was hoping you could do a huge favour and bring the bits back with you. I am happy to collect from your home or meet you on your way back on the m4 or m25 if that works.

A long shot I know and just shout if you can't and I can make another plan.
No problem, I have to come past Maidenhead on my way back from Lincomb. PM me your address and phone.

Huge thanks, pm on the way. For those mentioned please give my bits to Chas and Ben Jon will have the money I owe you as I will send it tomorrow.

Have to love the club for helping out

Just booked my hire car. :icon-cool:

Yeah, just fit some 37's add a lift and she'll be good, won't take a bloke like you long to do that. :laughing-rolling:

No worries Warren, always happy to help.
icon_thumbup.gif

You said it was a hire car. Of course it will.

:laughing-rolling:

Forgot about that! :icon-twisted:

Yeah, just fit some 37's add a lift and she'll be good, won't take a bloke like you long to do that.
rolling.gif

icon_lol.gif
icon_thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Picked one of these up today

120097v14_01_Silverstone_EC14tif_61_zps14bbcd42.jpg

Very good price as last one in the shop ex-display model. Will have to see how it fits on the back of Dirty Gal though as I think she may sit slightly higher than a VW transporter.

looks a cool bit of kit! do you have a door to the back of DG?

I like that Chris i was looking for something similar before i bought the trailer tent , the idea was to have a fold or slide out bit of deck so the back of the swb was big enough for 2 people to sleep in and the tent , table , chairs and cooker could all be slung in the truck on top of the bed when on the move . Wouldn't work for me though coz i need back seats in a daily driver .

looks like it could be mildly damp saturday... fire might be out of the question!:doh:

Well I made it back to the UK and I'm now home with my family having a few cold ones! :icon-cool:

Loving this weather, so nice after freezing cold Melbourne! :clap:

See a few of you later and most of you tomorrow! :thumbup:

Back