Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 19th July

If I get chance I will have a look through my LJ70 thread and see if I can find the link. :icon-wink:

:thumbup: Cheers Ben that'll be great, see you at the week-end.

thats ok ben no worries
your thread is so long now i dought you will find the link.
stu

Cant wait! :dance:

There is still a few spaces on the green laning trip if anyone is keen.

Were wild camping in Wales on the Friday night and laning back to Lincomb on the Saturday and hoping to be there about 1-2pm.
I'm leaving Essex around 15:30Hrs on Friday. Picking Ben up from Lincomb around 19:30hrs, traffic dependent! Then heading up to a camp spot about two an a half hours into Wales from Lincomb near to the start of the first lane at SH 79721 24917. The intention is to head out at 08:00Hrs Saturday morning down the first lane heading toward the second at SH 65578 13327 then onto Happy Valley SH 62344 01538. At the bottom of Happy valley it'll be on to Chuckle lane just above Machynlleth, reminiscing for a few moments at the spot where LJ fell over. After Chuckle Lane it will depend upon the time, but possibly Strata Florida, the Roman Road or heading across to Shropshire to pick up a few lanes on the way back to Lincomb. The first three lanes should not cause any damage unless you get it wrong and fall off the edge or hit a tree or a wall, but Chuckle Lane one should expect some kind of damage! At a minimum pin striping, but every time I do it I damage the exhaust and the last time ripped off Swampy's front bumper and damaged the exhaust! If you don't fancy it you could always wait at the bottom :) :) ;)
Just bounced this to this page in case any one has missed it :)

I will be coming down Friday, not sure what time I'll arrive, if you are still there I'll join you if that's OK.

Thanks Steve, will see you at the campsite on Friday.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not properly, works well enough. May give it another go this week but I also need to sort the winch out.

Been given a day pass for sunday all being well. So happy days
Stu

No worries on the covers. Will get there sat afternoon.

Famous last words I know, but you want need a winch Rob :) A clean rad on the other hand would be very very desirable :) :)

If anyone plans on joining us for the laning trip and would like the the map grid reference for the camp site, PM me and I'll send it to you in any format that works for you :) If you want to join us on the Saturday morning then you can meet us at the top of the first lane at 08:00Hrs Saturday morning SH 79721 24917.

Shout out on channel 05 on your CB's. I'll leave mine on and listen out for you :)

I hope to be at the camp site 22:30ish, but if you get there first get the fire lit. There should be plenty of wood left from when we were last there :pray:

Last edited:
Famous last words I know, but you want need a winch Rob :)

So do I need a winch then? Might take a day off work to sort the winch and rad out properly. Not overheated since the drive up to Lincomb...

If anyone plans on joining us for the laning trip

Tempted, but the 100 needs servicing and this weekend is probably the only free time for the next 3-4 weeks. :think:

Rear locker isn't working either but that's less of an issue.

Just bounced this to this page in case any one has missed it :)

I would like to do this but don't see how i can with my sleeping arrangements being a trailer tent . I would sleep in the truck Friday night but i doubt swambo would be happy if i left her and the tent at Lincomb .

I'll be heading up to Lincomb Friday after lunch. See you all there. Should be there ny 3.

I would like to do this but don't see how i can with my sleeping arrangements being a trailer tent . I would sleep in the truck Friday night but i doubt swambo would be happy if i left her and the tent at Lincomb .
Is it an off road trailer? Have you any photos? I would have thought it would be fine on the first two lanes. It may get a little caught up on the third, Happy Valley, but should be OK if it's an off road trailer. The main concern would be if your truck has enough power to pull it up and down the rock steps across Happy Valley?! I definitely wouldn't bring it down the fourth lane though, but you could always unhitch it at the bottom, do the lane and then pick it up again on your way past. The other option of course would be to bring a ground tent for the Friday night :)

No it's a road only trailer for now though it will like end up with 33's on it in the future . I will see what the boss says but she wasn't impressed with my older is better inclination when i bought a 1970's canvas ground tent for Lincomb last time :icon-neutral: , the timings a bit sticky too as she works nights so can't enjoy a weekend without a good kip first . Put me down as a maybe and i'll test the water when she gets up .

do you drive the short orpa from SH8324802459 to SH8331503119 ? That used to be worth a drive if you don't have roof tents or a tall rack and not far off your route?

do you drive the short orpa from SH8324802459 to SH8331503119 ? That used to be worth a drive if you don't have roof tents or a tall rack and not far off your route?
Ah, yes :) just to the East of Machynlleth. It is certainly one that I've done in the past :) We shall have to see how we are doing for time when we get to the bottom of Chuckle lane :)

Last edited:
@ Sea70.

That waypoint where will be meeting, are we just going to camp on the track on the junction?

Back