Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 2, October.

Yes, cosier is nicer at a number of levels but there are cost implications for Tony. There is no point in him hosting us if it leaves him out of pocket. The costs are largely fixed irrespective of the numbers - so affordability is to some extent proportional to the number of people that come.

Yes, controlling numbers in the woods is a potential issue but by having laning days and other activities, we can dilute the concentration of people. For example, we spoke of running a workshop for those interested and there was some interest, however we did not get round to running the workshop (mostly my fault) as people were off laning still or just enjoying the sunshine and the contents of their coolerboxes :cool:
With Julian now confirming his participation, the ability to run workshops is much increased :ugeek: Having laning trips requires leaders to provide their time and efforts in showing a group round, so this does rely on the generosity and goodwill of a fair few people.

I think that the vast majority of people have a really great time at the Lincomb events and feel that they get value for money. Would they feel the same if the event was restricted to 20 cruisers and they had the run of the woods, cosy atmosphere etc but the cost was £100-150 per vehicle? We are talking about the difference between 20 cruisers and maybe 50, not 20 cruisers and 250.

We also want to make this an inclusive event and get as many club members involved as possible. Limiting numbers and hiking up the price does not support that aim at all. We also have members who don't know anyone else in the club and are not very active on the forum - these people should be made to feel welcome, not excluded from a clique.

That's my 2c anyway - I do see both sides of the argument but if we have to compromise, my vote is for enabling as many people to come as possible and keeping it affordable.

Cheers,

Remember that we did have some workshop stuff for real. Some of it going on into the night if I recall.

LADS WE HAVE A SPANNER! You only needed to ask. :roll: :lol: Never mind, the Swarfega came in handy.

Chris

If it does open to non-members, will it remain a Landcruiser only do? :? I'll be there whatever :cool:
Chas

It's a Land Cruiser do first and fore-most :twisted: Some of the people that came to the last one weren't all necessarily members of the club but had been invited by members - they were driving cruisers though :cool:

Hi Guys,

I think we can do 50 vehicles, initially insurance was upto 50, but cant remember whether that was people or cruisers. Will take it as cruisers!!

Upto now, numbers have been quite manageable, especially with the laning on saturday, and I think my quick flagging on sunday morning helped with the running. With a workshop available, farm drive, wood and laning, we could easily spread 50 cruisers. Will just need commitment and a bit of organizing, before, rather than on the saturday morning.

We are just making up a booking form, which will be available off our website. Not sure how much detail to go into yet, but will post it soon, and see how the response is.

Being that there is only one real 4x4, I would like to keep it cruiser only. :lol:

Did I see a post from Julian V :!: I knew the rumours weren't true :lol: :lol: Good to know you are about JV.

Will keep alll posted.

Cheeers,

Tony.

Hey Tony,

I too mised the last event that you organised and will do my best to make it for this one!

Just 1 question though, is it possible to bring a couple of friends to the event?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Navraj,

Friends always welcome. Be good to see you,and your 100 series in october.

TonyS said,
Being that there is only one real 4x4, I would like to keep it cruiser only.

Personally I think that if it became an 'any 4x4' event we would be opening a can of worms. Originally the weekend was conceived as LC only but admittedly things evolve but it feels to me that some of us would end up being 'unoffical marshals' and will those others stay in their clique - I think so.

We've all been to pay & play days and will have undoubtedly observed muppetry with people showing no regard for the land or other participants. If I want to see this sort of behaviour I only have to drive 5 miles and it's every month - I don't go as their attitude is that if you've not had it on its side you haven't been trying.
The absence of these attitudes is one of the unique aspects of LF and the undisputable fact that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet - Land Cruiser.

It's TonyS's land and if he wants to keep this exclusively LC, then we should respect that and I would support that decision 100%.

That's my 5 penneth.

Regards,

If opening up needs to be done for costs etc, why not invite another mark specific club (pajero, jeep etc) that maybe someone on here is a member of also and can recommend, would keep it all controlled and maybe come friendly competition.

If I have some wheels by then, I'm definitely up for this.

Well finaly got round to running this by SWMBO, and it seems I am able to come along..... Hopefully by then I have learnt some self control and perhaps avoid the breakages :roll:

At the end of the day I suspect that some minor publicity should easily be able to push the numbers up to around 50 LCs.

There will alway be one or two people with non LCs wanting to come along either because their mate is coming with his LC or because it's local, etc, but if it looks like we may start hitting limits on numbers it's best to just say a blanket no.

I think it's a Landcruiser only event. Tony and I have discussed this I the past and speaking for him if I may, there isn't any question of non Toyota products being allowed to attend. However, if someone had a Hilux for example, certain concessions might well be made. Or a Yamaha quad, possibly :roll:

This is about forum members coming together. So that is the main driver. Why would you (generally) be a member without a Landcruiser other than if you were looking for one?

Chris

there are loads of events and forums for non LCs- and loads of events you can go to- If we are having a LC event then keep it to that.

If people want an All Marques event then i can point you towards a couple- for example there is the jeep bash at 7Sisters in November which a load of us go to every year- same sort of event as Lincomb, but with slightly more land to play with.

Just checking dates for me, but it looks good, and i'd be happy to lead a group around- have lanes marked on memory map on the car PC.

Been thinking, this event slides neatly into the Gap Road's annual window in which 4x4s are allowed to drive it... so on the subject of spending one day laning, I've never driven it before but would love to give it a go..

Hey, you might even convince me to come along! I don't fancy another month of scraping off that red cement! Looks terrible on a white paint job. ;)

Chris

Jimbo4x4 said:
Been thinking, this event slides neatly into the Gap Road's annual window in which 4x4s are allowed to drive it... so on the subject of spending one day laning, I've never driven it before but would love to give it a go..
I'll be up for driving the Gap again, Ian, don't forget to bring a tow rope, just in case. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chas

Just topoint this out, the Gap road is closed. It is not open for short times as it use to be (if it even had the right to drive it). Now If I was down there I would drive it, I would not lead a group up it or say it is legal to do so.

Paul

Sorry guys but you've missed your chance with a lot of good lanes now :evil:

Paul_Humphreys said:
Just topoint this out, the Gap road is closed. It is not open for short times as it use to be (if it even had the right to drive it). Now If I was down there I would drive it, I would not lead a group up it or say it is legal to do so.

Paul

D'oh :evil:

I saw this posted on difflock only last autumn, apparently this sign is in place at either end?

gap_road_dates_138.jpg

Back