Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Fun Challenge Weekend 9, 10 October

You might have to, gav's just got a fancy winch mount point :o

Oh please stoppit now...

I re-read the rules & its a non-winching event so I haven't bovvered wivvit - nah nah naaah nah nah...

Next time Rubie, next time...

:lol: :lol:

So, how are you getting on with that box of frogs Ian? Are we going to witness the new dawn of winching at Lincomb?? :mrgreen:

Gav Peter said:
So, how are you getting on with that box of frogs Ian? Are we going to witness the new dawn of winching at Lincomb?? :mrgreen:

It has not been tested under load but on level ground it is :o followed by :lol:

Being hydraulic it has a two speed gearbox and does not slow down as load increases. High gear is of no real world use but is great for showing off!!

The more I learn about hydraulics the more I am convinced they are the way forward. Yes I know the no engine no winch arguement but in all my time off roading with the green car I have never been stuck with a dead engine.

Ian

JUST GOT REGISTERED FOR THIS ON LINE - HOPE THERE'S STILL SPACE FOR ME CAMPING - SEE YOU ALL THERE.....

Ian Rubie said:
The more I learn about hydraulics the more I am convinced they are the way forward. Yes I know the no engine no winch arguement but in all my time off roading with the green car I have never been stuck with a dead engine.
Ian

There's always a first time ;) :( :lol: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
There's always a first time ;) :( :lol: :lol:

True, but in my mind the odds are very low compaired to having a faulty or burnt out electric winch system!

Now to get this thread back on track.

It is only a week and a bit until the Lincomb weekend so could those of you who would like to come but have not sent your form in please do so ASAP. Tony needs to know the numbers so he can get the catering correct for Saturday supper.

Hopefully you know the basic idea behind the weekend, the theory is to have a great social weekend with as much or as little driving round the farm and woods as you want. There will be the punch challenge for those who want to take part, some fun games that will hopefully tax some minds and bodies as well as a surprise fun event if we can work out a few technical gremlins.

If you do not want to take part in the driving side of the weekend you are welcome to come and laugh at those who are.

Cheers

Ian

Hi, A week tomorrow, and the ELCO October weekend will be under way. This get together aims to be a great social event. For anyone put off by the word "challenge",please don't be, it really is only for fun,and a chance for a relaxed,social and exciting weekend. I don't want to mention too much, as I would like the surprise factor for those attending.
We are doing slow roast pig for supper on saturday, so do need to know by weds as I have to order it.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers,Tony. :thumbup:

Hmmmm... pig roast was great last time, especially the mid night feast. It's worth going just for that :!:

I'm amped... :banana-rock: :happy-bouncygreen: :text-woo: ...can you tell :oops:

See you all there.

Hi Ryan,
Good last time, awesome this time. taste it already. :thumbup: :clap:

Sadly I won't be able to make it - I'll be feeling depressed in Rio on the weekend, so think of me suffering while you're all having fun :whistle:

To anyone who hasn't been to Lincomb before and is undecided about going, just go for it! It's a great event and there is no requirement to attempt difficult challenges or arrive with a super tricked-up cruiser. The crowd is very friendly and very happy to offer advice and help.

Hope you guys have a good time!

Cheers,

Ditto that.. I went after having my truck for just 6 days last time and it made it through all the trails with it's bald street tyres and before any of the rebuild or mod work was done so can't wait to try it out with the new toys

Everyone is ultra helpful, friendly and there's a great atmosphere.. Counting the days till next Friday as it'll be my last one before we head off for Africa :dance:

It's also a great place to put faces to forum nicknames and say thanks to everyone for all their help - (I've had a lot of help!!)

Hello, just seen weather, and after rain tomorrow, we are dry over the weekend, according the the bbc. So all plans are going well, ground conditions,good to soft, but easy enough for Beckys 150 on road tyres to get around the wood today. As a test of course, but dont tell her!! please.
So if anyone would still like to sign up,please do,,any questions pm me, or send an email thru our web site, www.crosscountrycourse.co.uk .
For those coming already, hope you know your left from your right, (hint), and we are looking forward to seeing you all on friday. Any time after lunch you can arrive, camping will be back in the original field for those who have been before.
See you soon.
Cheers,
Tony.

You must have looked at a different forecast to me Tony!!! :lol: :lol:

Flingers clossed it aint too wet & windy - looking forward to it enormously come what may :thumbup:

Now then what was that about left & right... :think:

EDIT: - Clikey, just looked at Mettcheck - its a bloomin heatwave for the weekend!!!!!

I hate replying to my own posts but look at Mettchecks forecast for Sunday here... Check out the wind speeds in the afternoon... :shock:

Metcheck does that occasionally, have seen stronger winds forcast by them - talking 300+ MPH!!

Ian

Metcheck seems to have revised its attitude towards the wind speeds :character-spamcan: Phew :cool:

I haven't got any tickets or anything yet - Will I need anything to get in - or is my name on a list?

Hi Andy,

You do not need tickets to get in. Tony has a list of those who have registered and payed. Assuming he got your form and payment you will be on the list. I do not know why you are not on the online list. I will PM him to check.

Cheers

Ian

Back