Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Fun Challenge Weekend 9, 10 October

I have just spoken to Tony, you are on the list.

See you on the weekend.

Cheers

Ian

Well, the truck is half packed, beer is cooling in the fridge, the 3-way fridge is getting down to temp on 240volts...

Got a few route options planned

Outta the office by 1pm - CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Who's eating at the pub tomorrow night?

Wasn't going to. Camping to me means dining on the tailgate. Not living it up in the local. Plus it eats into my drinking time.

Chris

Sounds good - I'll pack a steak instead :D

What time are you planning to land Chris?

Well I plan 'wheels up' for no later than 15.00. I have to stop at Tamworth to pick up Matt's fridge. So I reckon it's going to be around 17.00 when I get there. If I can slip under the radar earlier then that, I will. So far, I haven't even picked up a pork pie, never mind 48 bottles of Owd Nadger.

Need a quick splash and dash on the derv stocks and then I shall point the new winch bumper Westwards.

C

Not started packing yet, although I do have tomorrow off work - mainly to finish fitting my Dobinsons springs before I leave :mrgreen:

Will be on the road soon as Laura gets in from work, I'm hoping she'll feel "ill" at some point in the early afternoon and get an early dart, it is p.o.e.t.s day after all ;)

Jim.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just heard from Charlie and NIna, sadly they can't make it. Reality has struck and Charlie actually has a job and that has to come first.

We are going to have to drink their share, oh dear.

C

tried my winch today and it still goes in and out, well the first 50cm or so of rope anyway :lol: half expected it to be dead already :thumbup:

We are packed and ready. Aiming to arrive about 9.30 - 10am. A few hours playing in the woods, no sorry, setting things up in the woods.

See you all there.

Dead? It's a TDS Jon, not a Warn.

C

Chris said:
Dead? It's a TDS Jon, not a Warn.
Plan is if it doesn't dissapoint this weekend I'll take it apart next week and see what the insides look like now after nearly a year of not being extra sealed. If it looks ok then I'll seal it up properly and expect it to work when I need it!

Well I had my TDS for a year and used it a good deal and when it went to Tony it still looked good and worked well. In terms of having an off road winch, rather then a top line competition winch, I have been very pleased with Goodwinch. So much so I bought another. They are also great guys. Everything they have promised me they have delivered on. Right down to the bits they said they'd stick in the post. I know they don't make the winches, but they have a significant stake in them. They are well designed and screwed together and they are finished well too.

C

Have an excellent weekend folks. I envy you but so be it.

Maybe next time eh :?:

Chris said:
Well I had my TDS for a year and used it a good deal and when it went to Tony it still looked good and worked well. In terms of having an off road winch, rather then a top line competition winch, I have been very pleased with Goodwinch. So much so I bought another. They are also great guys. Everything they have promised me they have delivered on. Right down to the bits they said they'd stick in the post. I know they don't make the winches, but they have a significant stake in them. They are well designed and screwed together and they are finished well too.
I'm hoping it doesn't dissapoint, I spent good money on it after all but the tie bars going rusty within a few weeks wasn't a good sign. Hopefully that's just poor cosmetic finishing and the mechanical quality is better than that and I'll like it enough to buy one for the rear :) I don't need a competition winch, just a reliable one :thumbup:

Did you complain Jon? I went with the i version this time as I never liked the idea of tie bars. Well not with steel rope especially. They tend to last about as long as Lord Blackadder and a mug of really strong ale.

Chris

Chris said:
Did you complain Jon?
No, I don't really care what the tie bars look like other than as an indicator of materials quality. Remedy would have involved me taking the bumper off, just to sort some rusty tie bars on an experimental winch (it's an experiment for me :) )

ok, but given the price......

But to be fair if you that THAT stuck, Jon, you may be beyond hope!!
C

Finally - the Lincomb weekend is here :dance: I will be leaving heading off in about 20 minutes.

Ecky Thump said:
Have an excellent weekend folks. I envy you but so be it.

Maybe next time eh :?:

I am also gutted than I can't make it this weekend. Have a great time chaps.

Ian Rubie said:
Finally - the Lincomb weekend is here :dance: I will be leaving heading off in about 20 minutes.
I still have 8 hours of work and a 2 hour commute in total :(

Ill see you guys you guys tomorrow :thumbup:

Back