Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Fun Challenge Weekend 9, 10 October

Gav Peter said:
I'm shamed to say I only managed to get one photo all weekend which was of Rob piling up one of the woodland hills...

And you didn't even manage to capture my front axle airborne :(

Hi guys,

I forgot to collect the maps in, will hopefully need them again, any chance of posting them back if you still have one?

Many thanks,

Tony. :?

It was an amazing weekend and a big thankyou to Tony, Ian, Jon, Stacey, Toni and all the others that helped out to make it a great weekend for us all. We had it all from Bush machanic leasons to winch training not that these were planned. The planed events were great fun too. I can,t wait until the next one.

In the meen time here are a few photos that I manged to take.

In the begining they were clean, shiny truks.

PICT0086.jpg

then we started looking for punches which involved getting up close and personal to trees :D

PICT0089.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0091.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0096.jpg

PICT0099.jpg

And by the end we all had painted our trucks with the Lincomb orange war paint :clap:

PICT0103.jpg

Thanks to you all again organisers and 'punchees' for great weekend

Steve

Attachments

• PICT0086.jpg
    PICT0086.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0089.jpg
    PICT0089.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 61
TonyS said:
Hi guys,

I forgot to collect the maps in, will hopefully need them again, any chance of posting them back if you still have one?

Many thanks,

Tony. :?

Yep no probs Tony, to the address on the web page?

Steve

Congratulations to all the team who put on a superb weekend.
We really enjoyed it and we were so busy all weekend we forgot to take the camera out of its bag, which doesn't help those who weren't there.

So just imagine loads of fun in the mud and tracks, crazy games, great food, excellent company and then.... multiple it by ten - 'cos it was that good.

The punch was interesting for us being LHD with the card on the right hand which meant we had to approach each one differently to everyone else (Black Betty's card was on the left) but for a couple of punches it was easier but some others were.... challenging but great fun. Best one for us was the punch in the gully by the river where most got stuck - being a short wheel base we went in the out, turned between the hawthorn trees, backed across to the punch and then drove out - thanks Eric!

Saga don't list this in their book!

Rodger & Corinne
BJ40

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like you all had fun... Next time. :violin: :violin:

Question: How many rooms and out buildings does your RTT have??? Does it have en-suite or is there only a downstairs toilet?
PICT0089.jpg

Having the punch card on the drivers side made some of the punches easier and some of them harder for me so it was a wash as they say. Not having a map meant I left the farm drive punches and then Toby (who had been watching how it should be done all day) kindly volunteered to co-drive blind driving for me. It was extremely funny hearing "ok that's good ... thump ... oops" 7 times :lol: So I'm going to blame Toby for my placing last, he's used to getting the blame for stuff :mrgreen:

Looked like a great weekend.... :( that I could not attend

Jon Wildsmith said:
...and then Toby (who had been watching how it should be done all day) kindly volunteered to co-drive blind driving for me. It was extremely funny hearing "ok that's good ... thump ... oops" 7 times :lol: So I'm going to blame Toby for my placing last, he's used to getting the blame for stuff :mrgreen:
It has to be said, it was hilarious watching you two bumbling around the blind driving course demolishing it as you went!!! :lol:

Ok, ok, I take full responsibility Jon, I think I was intimidated by the power of the V8, or, these 100s are wider than you think, or, I've never been good at telling people where to go. I can't think of any proper excuses.

Still, on the bright side, you can only do better next year. :whistle:

I'm really glad the response to the new format has been so positive, I'm sure we'll be doing something along similar lines next year.

I expect Ian will be along in a minute to say it was my fault he ran Stacey over with my car ;-)

All the best,
Toby

Excuses aside Toby, you're a dab hand with gaffer tape repairs :lol:

Watching some people trying to get their head round reversing with reversed steering was a chuckle as well. Seems like reversed steering while going forwards didn't fox most people but when they had to shunt back and forth to get into the cone box they could get in a right pickle which way to turn the steering wheel :lol:

I don't think anyone has mentioned the very smart polo neck T shirts all the drivers and top 3 navigators got? I think that's a nice touch :thumbup:

Toby said:
I expect Ian will be along in a minute to say it was my fault he ran Stacey over with my car ;-)

It was, you really need to get those brakes looked at.

There. I knew it.

Nearly died laughing when I saw it, best bit of slapstick from the whole weekend. Shame no one was filming...

All the best,
Toby

Had a great time again thanks to everyone involved. Shame we had to leave early. Great to put some names to faces again. Little pic of me in the woods. Went hard through the water and she cut out on me. Took some water in. Checked her over and manually turned her over to make sure she was ok. No probs. Wheel bearing has collapesd this week though :cry:
IMG_0135.jpg

Jon Wildsmith said:
Not sure what to think of my goldfish yet. On Saturday I needed to winch up a steep climb which should have been easy work for it but I ended up having to double rig it through a snatch block to get moving. On the single line pull, it sounded like the winch was doing some work but the truck wasn't moving :(
The first few wraps of the rope weren't tight enough and the drum was just turning inside the rope. The hole you poke the rope into with a little grub screw to hold it while you tension the rope doesn't hold very well so I've drilled the hole right through (nearly went all the way through anyway) and have a few inches out the other side now being gripped by the rope as it goes on which has let me get some good tension on it.

I fold a small strip of metal over the end of the rope before ramming it onto the hole. That way the screw actually clamps on the rope. OK, you still need to capstan 6 turns on, but it stops you from accidentally pulling the rope off the drum. I speak from experience.

Chris

I've seen a video of a synthetic winch line attached with gaffer tape, just stick a length along the line and wind in feeding the gaffer on to the drum, I reckon it'd be a PITA :thumbdown: to remove the tape once the drum had got hot though, you still need 5/6 turns to grip, but as the say "If you can't fix it with gaffer tape you haven't used enough :lol:
Chas

Back