Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb May 3,4,5, 2013, weekend.

Oh stoppit already Lorin ... ;-)

Last edited:
Chris - too early to confirm i'm afraid. But if i'm there you'll be more than welcome to hitch a ride... May even let you drive if you promise not to bend my bumper again:icon-biggrin:

:oops: did I, I dont remember that!!! :shifty: No problems Justin, will need to confirm nearer the time as well being Bank Holiday Weekend, but hopefully will get a free pass.

It is time to start making some plans for the upcoming Lincomb event :dance:.

How do people who have attended the past few events feel the last one was? Were the workshops a good idea? Was compressing the games, sorry special stages, into one day a good or bad move? Does the format need changing?

For the coming event we have an extra day to play with. What do you want to use it for? Games and punches on two days and general pootling on the third? More workshops?

Please post your thoughts and ideas here or, if you would rather, feel free to PM them to myself or TonyS.

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Pootling. POOTLING!! Me ME ME. Yes, I'd like to pootle please. Workshops were good idea but we lost way too much pootling time. Watching a demo and giving a demo does mean that you lose a lot of time. But that's the way it goes. I'm just grateful that you and the team spend your time organising it Ian.

Mud, winching, rocks, steam, winching, water, mud, winching, rocks, sliding, beer and chat. Right that's Saturday sorted.

Chris

Just to add to Ian's post:

Tony has kindly asked my Explorer Scouts to run the catering again so if anyone has any comments/suggestions/ideas/improvements over what we did last time they would be greatly appreciated.

I will liaise with Tony about numbers etc and get some kind of list/check boxes on the sign up form so we can get an idea of numbers for meals instead of the confusion we had last year with the polls and threads.

As there is an extra day would everyone like a meal Sunday evening too? Also any suggestions for Friday & Sunday evening meals? Last time we did Chilli Friday evening, would you like that again (or on Sunday?) or something different?

Im hoping to do jet washing again (as long as its still ok with Tony) and the general consensus I got from most people who used the jet washing was we did not charge enough! Thank you for being so honest. Would anyone be offended or put off if we were to charge £10 per vehicle this time?

Finally as the money we raised last time went toward the Explorer Scouts trip to Nepal and Everest Base Camp (which we return from a few weeks before this event) would you like to see a presentation by the Explorers about the trip one evening (as long as Ian can fit us into the schedule)?

Please feel free to PM me or post here if you have any questions, ideas or suggestions.

Thanks again to all those who supported us last year too.

Cheers
David

im going to try to get down for this -can someone post a good address so i can have a look at the map :icon-biggrin: thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you put the postcode DY13 9RB into Google Maps it will be spot on. The event is held at Lincomb Farm which is where Lincomb Equestrian are based.

Ian

I am sure there will be plenty of time for a presentation by the Explorer Scouts. There will be many people there who would be interested :thumbup:

Hi Guys,

So apart from Chris wanting more pootling time does anyone else have any comments? You need to tell us what you want, if we are heading the wrong direction with the event we need to know. So for this one do you want

1) Just pootling

2) Pootling + punches

3) Pootling + punches + games

4) Something else

Cheers

Ian

As I say every time Ian.

Im happy to just turn up have a drive around. Watch what's going on and meeting up with the guys.

Personally I think whatever you do makes it a good event for people anyway.

Karl

2 and 4, I did PM Tony after the last Lincomb regarding 4 :whistle::whistle::eusa-shhh:

Thanks Karl, I know you are like Chris and just want to pootle :thumbup:

Thanks Trev. I'm sure that will jog his sun riddled memory and he will let me know what you suggested :lol:

Cheers

Ian

I got the impression 3 was working well but wouldn't rule out some 4 :lol:

Yep, I like the sound of 4 as well. I think I did some of that once before, but I can't remember where. But I know I enjoyed it. Pootling by the way does include punching. Oh yes. And challenges too. Just games I'm not big on.

Dead animals with or without salad would be good too.

Chris

Thanks Jon. It is the 4's I want to hear all about, especially if they are actually accompanied by an idea :lol:

Ok Chris, noted.

Trevor - Thanks. I'll chat with Tony re materials availability :eusa-shhh:

I enjoy everything youve done so far so 3 & 4 for me. Anyone got access to a big ramp? Woundnt mind a twist off; it would be interesting to see just how far some of the trucks really can articulate. :icon-cool:

Last edited:
Back