Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb May 3,4,5, 2013, weekend.

3 and 4 for me please, and none of those jumping trees!

New ideas, hmm :think:

Ok, so trying to catch up. Been with Ben all day, he's all good, so now to this no 4!! Trev I can't remember or find your idea, I know, I'm crap, but all I remember is that you want it to be run over several weeks!

I would quite like to run a special stage here in Oz, but I guess that might be a bit difficult. Keep any ideas coming along, will do all we can to keep tags moving onwards and upwards.

Blimey it's hot today, 37, now where's that beer!

2 & 4 for me.

As a Suggestion for 4 would a trials/challenge event be a possibility?

Quite like the idea of an RTI ramp for shits and giggles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I could run a green lane trip if anyone is interested.

I don't know if the general feeling has changed but in the past it was felt laning detracted from the weekend. The focus of the event is a social gathering, seems wrong to then split into small groups and disappear off. How do others feel?

..... Trev I can't remember or find your idea... now where's that beer!
Hmmm. Don't worry Tony, I have the idea:icon-biggrin:

As a Suggestion for 4 would a trials/challenge event be a possibility?
There has been a trials stage at the past few events. It has been one of the games. I think Rob really enjoyed the last one :whistle:

Can anyone get hold of an easily portable twist off ramp?

Keep the ideas coming.

Cheers

Ian

Could you please PM me a more specific idea Ryan? The thing to remember is we have to keep things at a level where a standard car has a chance.

Cheers

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used to run RTV (Road Taxed Vehicle) trials for the Midland Off-Road Club. It would be easy enough to set a dozen sections, split between the wood and the river area. Outlay consists of bamboo canes (about 100) some marker paint and score sheets.

Roger

Hi Roger,

The single trials stages we have run in the past have been popular. If the demand is there I don't see a reason not to extend the idea. Since we have an extra day this time how does the idea of having a punch trial on the Saturday and then a load of trials stages on the Sunday sound to everyone?

Ian

Sounds good to me. Maybe we could have a scoring system where you basically before you start get penalty points depending on how modified your cruiser is. Being standard on road tyres with no lift starts on zero. Lifted loses points per inch lifted maybe? Loose a few more depending on tyre type, size etc... So that way it'll level out the playing field, or just gave different classes and a few trials for the more modified guys that they do at their own risk. At least that way it gives the likes of Chris and few others summing tasty to drive and makes for good viewing.

Mid West 4X4 club eventually combined the RTV and modified (anything goes, not even road legal) into one event. The RTV started at gate 13 and exited at gate 3. The modified continued to the end. Needless to say,the last 3 gates were DIFFICULT.

Roger

Are these trials going to be fastest or driving with a bucket of water so you get soaked?

I quite like the sound of a trial

RTV trials are a test of your driving skills. Each section will be between 50 and 100 metres long. The route is defines by 10 pairs of canes. If you finish the course, without stopping or hitting a cane, you score zero. If you hit a cane or stop, you are marked accordingly. Winner is the driver with the lowest score. The person setting out the section uses his/her knowledge to select a route that will test the drivers ability to read the ground and select the most appropriate route. The sections are designed to be non damaging. Speed is not an issue.

Roger

count me in as well not been out doing much for while be good to catch up with everyone

regards simon

Be good to see you and Lil Blue's twin again Simon. Don't forget to bring plates and cutlery for you and the family. I forgot to mention that just now.

It always a good weekend.

Chris

I have just finished talking to TonyS and we have formulated a plan for the weekend. Following some of the above feedback we are planning to introduce a load of trials stages in the woods that will run both Saturday and Sunday morning as well as having the usual punches.

He has said that he will have the form done by the end of the week and will post here when it is online.

Not far off now, see you all there.

Ian

can we just turn up and not drive about but meet up with everybody?
do you need any people to help with scoreing and things on the trial?

Yes you can. There are always people who do just that. Plenty of fireside stories.

Thanks for asking, we have enough helpers at the moment but will keep a list in case anyone drops out.

Ian

EDIT : I should add that even if you are just turning up for the day, you still need to fill out a registration form so we know how many are coming and so the scouts know how many they are catering for.

Last edited:
Back