Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb meets 2018

I hope you have a good trip Steve. I didn't know so I googled it, apparently The antipodes of any place on the Earth is the point on the Earth's surface which is diametrically opposite to it. Two points that are antipodal to each other are connected by a straight line running through the centre of the Earth. Well well, you live and learn.
So I thought…:think: there has to be a website that tells you where you’d end up…
https://www.antipodesmap.com/
Just for fun :)

Nice to have made the effort to pop in mate. Also nice to help a fellow cruiser nut :)
Karl did you really go home via Bognor, that's above and beyond mate, much respect.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did Chas. I was heading down to Hollys aunts though. Turns out rich was a small detour. We got home at 12.30 am Monday morning. It was a long day after leaving the meet.

We had a great time meeting new faces and catching up with all known!
Many thanks to Trevor for arranging the bash!
Made it back home safe and well.... pedal to the metal arrived in good time!!!:thumbup:

We’re you there Sunday morning Iwan, when we called in?

I’m upset that there were folks I did’t meet properly and I would have liked to have had a chat with you, especially having lived not far from you years ago, in God’s country... :?

Still haven’t fitted that load cover :lol:

Gents,

Slightly off the topic - Maybe we should look at doing a trip to Europe as a group. I did a Battlefields by 4x4 trip a couple of years back and it was a good day out. We all had 2 way radios and guide who took us past some amazing sights. OK - so it was not extreme offroading - BUT it was a chance to do some french lanes.

The Ferry cost me £40 return if I remember correctly - and we got 6 bottles of wine for free.

Maybe we could look at arranging a trip, camp up somewhere. Just an idea....

Here is the video from our Calais day taster. But if you youtube battlefields by 4x4 you will find some other video.

Sounds like a great idea. One thing though, didn’t someone mention off roading was now banned in France? Might just be a question to ask if it’s an organised trip but something to bear in mind and verify one way or the other.

Yep, I'd be up for that, but as Rich pointed out off-roading may be a problem.

So I thought…:think: there has to be a website that tells you where you’d end up…
https://www.antipodesmap.com/
Just for fun :)

Thanks Chas - we should be good for both the Spring and Autumn meets when we get back in 2019 - sounds so far away! Will be good to get back to some rain after all that sun/beach/desert etc :sunglasses:

StarCruiser - nice find on the antipodes site.

Back