Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick cross-post ...

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying 'all Cruiser owners / drivers welcome', and Tony S won't shoot me... :shifty:
BUT
If you come through and plan on driving or staying over PLEASE make sure you liaise with Tony and cough up the pennies, so we continue to have the use of this great facility.

Likewise, if you come along and decide to partake of the grub, PLEASE arrange and pay, too, so that there's enough to go round and the suppliers don't get caught short.

I know I don't need to have said this, but it saves any unpleasantness and hard feelings on the day, really - we don't get together often enough as it is, and I for one would like this little event to continue as long as Tony will have us :icon-cool:

I'd echo that entirely. I do know there are one or two people suggesting that they might drop by just to say hello and that's fine - please help support the scouts by snaffling a large bacon buttie and teas please. But any participation in the actual event does require the necessary remuneration.

Chris

I'm only visiting but only too happy to snaffle a bacon buttie . . . or two. :think:

I would love to learn how to weld... My boss has said that I may use his mig at work if I want, so learning how to not break it is a high priority!

Which field are we in this time? Is it too early to call because of the weather?

Super duper excited.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Camping will be thru the yard, to the field at the back, surrounded by the trees. Same as spring event.

I have the marquees set up, but think best idea is to move one to the camp field to be the mess tent/diner. Instead of taking it down to move, I will need 12 chaps to help carry it thru whole, if possible.

Gotta go drive and mark the tracks!, and hide punches too?

Apologies for coming to the party late Tony; work commitments are pretty heavy at the moment...

Form is emailed & bank transfer made - see you Friday afternoon with any luck :icon-biggrin: Will be shooting off handy on Sunday morning unfortunately but summats better than nowt :shifty:

Now off to book in with Dave's eats :drool:

Cheers

A little extra for Sunday,

Chris from Boab will do a full tyre repair demo, as if stuck in the middle of nowhere. He will bring all the gear, but has asked for a good old tyre, one that's never been changed, potentially stuck to the rim, to fully demo the bead breaker, and show various techniques to get you back on the road.

Cheers,

Just a heads up on the punches, can't find no 16 from the last event. Will be a bonus punch, extra points, so for those who may know, keep it to yourselves!!

For any new comers, don't let this worry you, you have as much chance as those who didn't get it last time, and considering we (Ian) can't remember where it is, it might be a hard find!

Not long now,

Cheers,

No worries,Ian.

old lux loaded with punches and way markers, off I go. See how clean I can stay!!

I have an old flat tyre that is stuck on a rim, will bring it down. Would be great if the rim and wheel were separated once finished... This is if the local garage can sort my truck and get it through the MOT...

Like Gav, I have only just been able to confirm that I can get away for this event :oops:, although I can only get up for Saturday for the day. I have sent the form and made the payment to TonyS, hopefully this will not be a issue.

Hopefully not too late to book in for some grub!

Knowing you would be there pushed me to commit! :happy-partydance:

Never been so ready to leave for a weekend away :? I'm normally laid under the truck swearing and bleeding till three in the morning the couple of nights before :icon-exclaim: :icon-exclaim: :icon-smile: Got me wondering what I've forgotten :think: :lol:

I've started looking for things to do now just to fill some time :lol: So I've Rain-X'd the windows this morning and this afternoon I'm considering giving her a quick polish :icon-biggrin: I've even mounted my T-Max compressor in an unused space to give me some more space for other items where it would normally live, another bonus job completed :icon-biggrin:

Even my food pile is starting to come together real nice :icon-biggrin:

IMG_1982.jpg

I shall be picking Robert up from school around 2:00pm and following a quick stop home for him to have a wee and get changed we'll be on our way. Sat-Nav is saying it'll be about a three & a half hour run for us, so should be up there in time to pitch the tent in some light which is always a bonus :icon-biggrin:

Even the weather is starting to look very promising :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

I'm going to run up with my CB on channel 5, as it's going to be the 5th :icon-biggrin: If we all do the same maybe we can catch each other over the airways as we converge on the farm :icon-biggrin:

See you all soon :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Managed to get that polish in :icon-biggrin: I even Rain-X'd the headlights :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

IMG_1987.jpg

Just food and clothes to sort now :icon-biggrin: Must stop tinkering with the truck :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Well, I am ready. Taken whole day off tomorrow and just a sandwich and a tube of Smarties to go in as I pass Tesco. So chill in the morning, set off in good time, lunch at McD's Bassetts Pole roundabout, there for early afternoon. So far all lights are greeeeen.

See you lads later. I shall be the relaxed looking one with a drink in his hand, with a bit of luck.

Chris

Now you've gone and jinxed it :lol:

Off to do my last shopping, finish packing and leave tomorrow at 06:00. As the classic lines goes:
What's the 'Oh' stand for?
All together:
'Oh my god it's early ...'

Thanks Robin Williams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back