Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been and picked up 100 litres of veg oil from my mate, so my truck is all fuelled up now and ready to go! :dance:

Few last minute things to sort out tonight, then finishing work at 3.30pm tomorrow.

Should get to Lincomb for about 5, so should have plenty of time to get the pig lit and tarp set up before dark! :icon-biggrin:

I hope all of you attending have a great weekend. I would of come but need to get my Shed Base laid.
and dont forget the PIctures:icon-biggrin:

Joe

Well still need to get my truck through the MOT, drive to London to get my roof tent and drop off an engine. Well that's the plan at least...

Cutting it fine Rob. Can't you book an MOT in Stourport so that you can drive there :whistle: No - I know you can't before the highway code police all chime in.

As Jon says, the ABS loom is very easy to replace really. But I don't think that it's usually the cause of many problems. It's usually the sensors that lose their magnetism. The fronts more than the rears.
Did you reset the codes? It's usually best to start with a clean sheet then see what codes come up.

Chris

Codes reset and came back Chris, I forgot to mention that I need to bed the new diff bearings in slowly as well.

Yes you do.

Hmm codes came back. Wonder if it's something as simple as dirt in the plugs on the axles. Well a whole new loom is a bit dramatic, but it will certainly eliminate any doubt in that respect. It's just a case of tracking it down logically I guess.

Went to chippy tonight and had one headlight just glowing. Arrrggghhh I thought. Quick check, loose earth connection from my loom. Sorted in 10 secs. Phew. Relaxing now with wine. Hope it goes well Rob and we'll be relaxing tomorrow too.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi guys,

Anyone with maps from the last event, please bring them with you.

Thanks,

What a bloody day. For once i was nearly organised.

A lad had a urgent ask for few bits so got that sorted. Normally id have said no chance same day but hes a ok sort :)

Dave got his truck out the shed and i heard it cut out.Went over and he said have you got a filter. Gave him one and i walked off.Heard the truck start again then cut out.It did that a few times then he shouted me over.Fuel pump had packed up.We had seen the issue before on other trucks ive had. He was about to cry as he has done quite a few jobs on it to get it ready for lincomb. I had no pumps on the shelf so i told him to take one off one of the running ones. He swapped it and hes up and running again.

WE WILL BLOODY MAKE IT!

Buzzing already

Know the feeling spent all day trying to get the rear difflock working have fitted new difflock but cannot get it to work must be an electrical fault somewhere ,but did not find it before it got dark so will not have a working rear difflock. Well p---ed off.

Cruiser-Man, we need you!

Ahh the life of a Super Hero eh Karl.

So do you have a special signal that we shine up in the air, like a big Toyota badge, or can we just beep the horn?

Don't forget to pack that spare alternator dude!

Chris

Know the feeling spent all day trying to get the rear difflock working have fitted new difflock but cannot get it to work must be an electrical fault somewhere ,but did not find it before it got dark so will not have a working rear difflock. Well p---ed off.
Do you hear the motor run? Could just be the switch that detects it being locked if you do.

Ahh the life of a Super Hero eh Karl.?

Chris
And a CDL switch for moi. :pray::pray:

Ahh the life of a Super Hero eh Karl.

So do you have a special signal that we shine up in the air, like a big Toyota badge, or can we just beep the horn?

Chris

Funny enough mate someone called me batman earlier. Seriously.

Finished at the yard at gone 11 :icon-cry:

Alternator in and boxed :icon-wink:

No the motor doesnt run ,lock detection switch is working slid bar accross manually to test it red light flashes on dash when unlocked and steady when locked.

Karl - just a gentle reminder that I'll be bringing your set of alloys up on Saturday. (I'll drop you a PM too:icon-biggrin: )

Karl did you get my PM re 16" alloys for a 100 if you have any ill take them from you. If you have the space to take them too lincomb

Karl can you bring that wheel please mate. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back