Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to have two hog roasts and two, poss three breakies for sat and may bring my boy along, he coming up 16 and get him into lancruisers for 17!!

Dad helped patching up the Isuzu on Sat, not finished yet but we'll be coming. Wife, 3 year old lad and 2 dogs!

Gonna have to pull out this time, gutted!! Hope you all have a great time, I'll try not to think of the weekend too much!! Will see you all at the next one in the new year!! Have fun. Modelmakerman you can take one off the food for Sat and Sunday breakfast and Sat hogroast, cheers dude.

Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris, I'll make sure you get another Lil' Blue day before the next Lincomb.

Last edited:
Dad helped patching up the Isuzu on Sat, not finished yet but we'll be coming. Wife, 3 year old lad and 2 dogs!

Aww man that means I have to share, was hoping Id have you all to myself again! ;)

Gonna have to pull out this time, gutted!! Hope you all have a great time, I'll try not to think of the weekend too much!! Will see you all at the next one in the new year!! Have fun. Modelmakerman you can take one off the food for Sat and Sunday breakfast and Sat hogroast, cheers dude.

No worries Chris, sorry you cant make it.

Just spoke to Tony and its sounding like it'll be a wee bit muddier than May! :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
With all these girlie chillie eaters Chris, should be plenty of nuclear sauce left for us northern lads, I'll bring the ring sting wipes too :obscene-tolietpush:

We can put them in the fridge along wi t'ale.

See you there mate. Bring yer chair, there'll be plenty of room at my place.

Chris

Lincomb welding demos

On the demo front, Jon and I are going to be doing a Bush welding basics for beginners session on Sunday. This is not a welding master class, it's a scratch and sniff for people who have never had a go and would like to understand a bit about what's involved. We will not be doing overhead, vertical, or coded stuff. Obviously we could if we wanted to.:icon-rolleyes:

There are other welders going to be there so please do come and lend a hand. We will have a MIG and my absolute basic buzz box with a bunch of rods. We'd recommend getting a MIG really, but for those crossing continents, you are more likely to come across a stick set in a shack somewhere on the trail than you are anything else, other than gas perhaps.

We'll have so odd bits of metal to have a crack on, but we aren't teaching fabrication or anything advanced. Should you happen to have access to a welding mask it might be worth chucking it in so that you can watch safely. We'll only be taking small groups, say 5 at a time and then you can have a go yourselves. We''ll cover some of the basic principles that will easy your passage into the world of welding. If you can already weld, I can guarantee that you are NOT going to learn anything in my session! I don't even use stick anymore.

Can we just have a bit of a show of hands if you haven't already as to who is interested?

Ben, if you turn up - you are running the session! :lol:

Chris

Nearly time for the largest Landcruiser gathering in the UK! :dance: :icon-biggrin:

On the demo front, Jon and I are going to be doing a Bush welding basics for beginners session on Sunday. This is not a welding master class, it's a scratch and sniff for people who have never had a go and would like to understand a bit about what's involved. We will not be doing overhead, vertical, or coded stuff. Obviously we could if we wanted to.:icon-rolleyes:

There are other welders going to be there so please do come and lend a hand. We will have a MIG and my absolute basic buzz box with a bunch of rods. We'd recommend getting a MIG really, but for those crossing continents, you are more likely to come across a stick set in a shack somewhere on the trail than you are anything else, other than gas perhaps.

We'll have so odd bits of metal to have a crack on, but we aren't teaching fabrication or anything advanced. Should you happen to have access to a welding mask it might be worth chucking it in so that you can watch safely. We'll only be taking small groups, say 5 at a time and then you can have a go yourselves. We''ll cover some of the basic principles that will easy your passage into the world of welding. If you can already weld, I can guarantee that you are NOT going to learn anything in my session! I don't even use stick anymore.

Can we just have a bit of a show of hands if you haven't already as to who is interested?

Ben, if you turn up - you are running the session! :lol:

Chris

Chris im happy to help out, but if you and John have got everything covered then thats cool. :thumbup:

Let me know if you want me to bring some masks. Can get my hands on 3 or 4. :icon-wink:

Yes more than interested have never welded and was thinking about buying a mig ,so a bit of instruction would be a great help thanks.
Martin

Chris you do realise that "proper bush welding" should involve a couple of car batteries, some jump leads and a few welding rods! :whistle:

Yes please Chris, I can even bring a bit of bumper and the nut that fell off it to have a go on.

Ben, If you bring one or two it would be handy mate. Yes I know that the batteries and jump leads may well be the reality - but hey, it's still MMA!
We will be making it up as we go along so happy for you to jump in and contribute. If we can get everyone to the point that they can lay a bead with a MIG or stick then that will be game over.

Chris

I am interested in the crash course.

If im honest i would be very interested in knowing what to do with jump leads and rods as for me that is very usefull if i get my backside in gear for a overland trip. Obviously normal weilding i can do.

Karl

Don't suppose anyone fancies doing an oil change masterclass...:whistle::whistle: wink wink

I'm in for Welding basics. I'll watch Rob on his 'Crash Course'

Rob - is that before or after the 'Parking Masterclass'?? :icon-cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back