Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

Brilliant work Ben, as usual, the ‘finished’ product is unbelievable :icon-eek: :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Good work Ben, looking fantastic! Just wondering what compressor and air gun do you use? The finish looks great...

Thanks Chris. :icon-biggrin:

I used this gun:

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/air-tools/spray-equipment/renegade-ind-suction-spray-gun

And this compressor

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuild...tmicrogroup=&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16

I reckon the little man's arrived. Haven't heard a peep from @Ben all week. Mind you, he could just be full on cruiser building still! :think:

You sir are correct, he arrived a week ago today! :banana-jumprope:

Bec went into labor in the early hours of Thursday morning and we waited until that night before taking her in to the hospital. :auto-ambulance:

Sadly after 16 hours in the hospital trying to have a natural birth, he hadnt progressed much due to the fact he was facing the wrong way. :thumbdown:

So we decided an emergency C section was the best way forward. :)

The theatre staff were all amazing and half an hour after us requesting a C section, Samuel Byron Cook was here! :happy-wavemulticol:

This is the moment I became a Dad! :romance-hearteyes:

I cut his cord.

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

And then he went straight to Mum for some skin to skin.

IMG_5122.jpg

Followed by Dad for skin to skin.

IMG_5126.jpg

After they had stitched up the 2 internal layers and glued the outside layer, we were shipped off to the maternity ward for 3 days.

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

Where he received lots more skin to skin as there a huge number of benefits to it so the hospitals encourage it really strongly for both parents. :icon-biggrin:

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

Then he got to go in his first car, the mighty 70 series LandCruiser! :dance:

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to you both!
I have a similar picture of myself with my new born son on my chest...but that is now 20 years ago.
He is now driving around in his own car.
We had a father-son activity the other day, changing the rear shock absorbers on his 18 year old Seat Toledo. It is realy fun to do something like that with your son.

Reactions: Ben
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Congratulations again mate.

Lily came into the world via section too after a long Labour. (Known at my work as through the sunroof lol)

Enjoy every moment of it mate, he'll be helping in the garage in no time.
Best way to get home for the first time too.

Congratulations Ben and Bec. He looks like his ol' man doesn't he. :)
Typical of you Ben, answer a question on a spray gun before letting us know you're a pop. :) may he turn out to be the son you hope for, strong, healthy and a Landcruiser lover. If he turns out half as good as his ol' man he'll be ok.
All good wishes from up here.

BTW, there's something familiar about his name…:whistle:
This seems appropriate…

Congratulations to you and Bec, wishing you all the best for the coming weeks as you find your feet as a family.

The 70s are looking sweet too. Good luck with the move.

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

The first week has been exhausting! :sleeping-sleep:

But its getting better now were all learning what to do. :shifty:

Sam having to come out via the sun roof has delayed our Melbourne plans slightly, but not by much. I'm off work for 3 weeks now then I'm thinking I will go back to work for a week, maybe 2, then quit! :dance:

Then we will fly down to Melbourne before Christmas and get a house sorted then move down in the new year. :think:

I've managed to secure 2 x 20ft containers for the move for just under $4k which I'm happy with. I'm just hoping we can squeeze everything into them. :pray:

Ben! Congratulations!!!!

I'm really happy for you, I know how are you feeling now because I became father just 5 months ago!

Now it will be better day by day!

Congratulations to Bec too, she made the hardest work!! :D

Congrats to you both.

Let the fun start.

We went to look at schools yesterday and can't believe we are at that stage already

Stu

Congrats to the both of ye. It' s really special time Ben, you won't believe how quick they grow up. My oldest is 6 in couple of weeks and it only seems like yesterday since I was changing her nappies. Treasure the memories lad!!

congrats,in my day we were not allowed to stay at the hospital,I was told we will phone you when the baby is born.Our boys are now 51&52.How things have changed.

Back