Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

Congrats Ben and well done Bec!

Glad to see the motoring theme continued.... Didn't know you were into hot rods Ben, but Small Block Chev is a great set of initials! :p

The challenge next time is to get a Toyota engine past Bec...

Reactions: Ben
did you attached the baby seat with two straps? The usual maxi cosi pebble takes just one ,
although it was at the limit of its length on my 73.

I’m a bit late on this one Ben, but congratulations to all of you !!

It’s all been said really, treasure the baby time, it’s very soon gone, but you’ll enjoy every bit of it and the time after with your little man Sam.

Ana was born c section, she spent her full term ass down, feet and hands upwards!

Well done all!!

Hey Ben, congrats on the lightie! I'M sure you will love being a dad, such fun. The first few weeks sure are a learning curve but good that you have some time off. Enjoy every minute!

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

did you attached the baby seat with two straps? The usual maxi cosi pebble takes just one ,
although it was at the limit of its length on my 73.

It has the normal seat belt with a 3 bar gated slide holding the capsule in place, then a top tether.

Reading the instructions I realised that the top tether can mount to the base of the rear seat that its sitting on, so I used one of the M10 bolts that hold the rear seat down to mount the top tether to. :icon-ugeek:

Long term the top tether will either be mounted to the roof just inside the back doors, like the VDJ76 series, or to the cargo barrier that I will build to separate the boot area from the rest of the car. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
my boot has a wooden shelf, somehow at the level of the windows. we never allowed any heavy items on top of that shelf.
even the push chair sitting on top of the shelf got strapped down, so no flying object in case of accident.

be picky about the mirror you put on the headrest to monitor the child!
most are rubbish, you cannot see a thing in them.
we finally found one large enough that you can see the child through the rear mirror and the baby can see you too (well…not just now…, but later…:))!

Hi Ben

first , congratulations with youre son, He is awesome.
Hope mommy and daddy get some sleep in the nights :wink:

Ever since I sold my landcruiser I keep coming back once a month to read up on this incredible story.
You could make a movie out of it, Its a kind of feel good story, I get a lot of energy reading your post.

so keep up the good work. :greetings-clapping::greetings-clapping::greetings-clapping:

BTW your care lineup looks awesome.
I realy love the 78, just perfect

I wish landcruisers were not that rediculous priced in holland, especialy the roadtax is killing in Holland.
And we get a fine if we park our cars in the grass, so let alone drive it offroad .

As Vinnie Jones would have said: It has been emotional :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

greetings Peter

Aww thanks Peter. :thumbup:

I'm glad you're still enjoying the thread. :icon-biggrin:

It should get a lot more interesting again when I get back to Piranha Off Road and start designing and making cool stuff again! :dance:

Sadly a lot of the pics will be disappearing from this thread soon, as Photobucket have decided to put their prices up to a ridiculous amount, which will sadly mean a lot of pics on a lot of forums will be disappearing! :angry-screaming:

For the past few years I've been paying $50 a year to have them host my pics, but now that figure has gone up to over $300 a year I just cant justify it! :doh:

Thats why for the past month or so I've been uploading them directly to the forum, so hopefully their safer. :pray:

I'm no IT geek but is there any kind of way for the site to download your previous Photobucket photos so that they remain. It's a shame to see the thread photos vanish.

I'm no IT geek but is there any kind of way for the site to download your previous Photobucket photos so that they remain. It's a shame to see the thread photos vanish.

It would be a disaster, not only for the forum, but for Ben’s personal record, and young Sam to reflect on in a few years to come...

It would be a disaster, not only for the forum, but for Ben’s personal record, and young Sam to reflect on in a few years to come...
Which is, of course, why PB have done what they've done. 'Short and curlies' springs to mind.

If it's any help, photos can be copied off the thread and reposted though it would be a mammoth task Ben.

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Wish they could all be saved but it would take weeks and weeks of work. :icon-cry:

Only way I see it happening is if Photobucket realise they have made a massive mistake and reverse their decision, some one who loves forums wins the lottery and buys Photobucket and reverses the decision, or if god forbid I should have a serious accident and be bed bound for a few months and have lots of time to kill. :shifty:

The boy is definitely taking up a lot of time, a lot more than I ever imagined! :crazy:

I've got to do my share and let his mum rest, but it does mean that my time has become very limited. :icon-neutral:

I'm hoping to negotiate with Piranha to just do a 4 day week and have every Friday off, as otherwise I'm going to struggle to get the work done on my LandCruisers and renovation work done on the house when we finally buy a renovator! :icon-biggrin:

I think that will keep their accountant happy as employing a full time toy builder is hard for any business to justify! :lol:

Almost forgot................

Handed my notice in here at the hospital on Monday so I'm now officially on the countdown! :dance:

I cracked a new record today! I rushed round and got 7 jobs done in 45 minutes which has given me my all hours for the day! :shifty:

So now its just a case of sitting round and waiting until 3:30pm when I can go home and hoping no emergency jobs come in! :crazy:

Boring!!!!! :angry-screaming:

Ben, don't worry about the baby, hardest part are the first two months, later you'll find a new balance, and you'll work again on your project better than never!

I made same mistake on photobucket :( they killed all my photos on other forum :(

Back