Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 Build Thread!

thanks guys. :thumbup:

just hope ive passed the english exams. :pray:

medical checks next, got to have chest X-rays and tests for various diseases, and police checks.

i think thats it then, pay another £2000 and wait for my visa! :cool:

then its just a case of spending a week cleaning the truck, till its spotless then get it in a container and shipped over! :flags-australia:

then the adventures can begin! :dance:

want to get out and explore the Victorian High Country first, and find some of the really challenging trails that i keep seeing on the 4WD Action DVD's! :twisted:

not into sport Dave, so shouldnt be a problem. :cool:

He wasn't talking about sport, he was talking about Cricket.....

Well done with the carpentry test Ben, cant say I'm surprised though.

When do you get the English result?

Pete

should get the results within the next 10 days. :pray:

whats cricket if it isnt sport? :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well done Ben, another step closer to your dream :clap:

Ben will understand my sense of humour here ...

For god sake, lets get Ben passed this friggin Inglish Ecsam and he can finally bugger off from the UK and leave us all alone ... no more chip fat oil smells when we go laning ...

But, seriously Ben - you know for a fact that me, Dave and Gary are gonna miss you buddy, and that large truck of yours ... if it gets past Sadgill in the Lakes, and dont forget we'll be doing that very 'tight' lane again in Skelwith (you know the one, we we drive through a gate that has something on about Railways,and then and there's a dis-used house on the right ... then the fun begins!!)

thanks guys. :thumbup:

Chris, should get the results within the next 7 days. :pray:

Maverick said:
Ben will understand my sense of humour here ...

For god sake, lets get Ben passed this friggin Inglish Ecsam and he can finally bugger off from the UK and leave us all alone ... no more chip fat oil smells when we go laning ...

But, seriously Ben - you know for a fact that me, Dave and Gary are gonna miss you buddy, and that large truck of yours ... if it gets past Sadgill in the Lakes, and dont forget we'll be doing that very 'tight' lane again in Skelwith (you know the one, we we drive through a gate that has something on about Railways,and then and there's a dis-used house on the right ... then the fun begins!!)

:lol:

i thought of just running on diesel for this weekends laning trip, but as i know you love the smell of chips, ive decided to stick with veg oil! :lol: :sick:

topped up two jerry cans today with derv, so im all ready for the laning trip now. :twisted:

going to miss you guys too. :cry:

weve had quite some adventures over the last few years. :D

how could i forget that very tight lane. nearly destroyed the side of my truck last time. :roll:

this is the sign on the gate on that lane:-

tightlanegate600x450.jpg

came very close to spending a grand on a set of 35" simex tyres today. :roll:

really need to resist the temptation as im meant to be saving for OZ. :thumbdown:

My brother sent over the Pics from lincomb.. all were of my truck except this one... Pretty good pic IMO.. show's your impatient side :D

DSC00124.jpg

Good luck with Oz!

:lol:

if i hadnt listened to the voice in my head that said NO DONT KEEP GOING! then youd probably have a pic of my truck stuck with water most of the way up the door, and me sat there shouting for help as my truck slowly filled up with dirty stagnant water! :lol:

the tw@ that ran into the back of me a few weeks ago when i was driving my mums vectra, came around and gave us a big pile of cash a week after the incident. :D

it worked out quite well really because the vectra was on its last legs and was going to be replaced soon anyway. :clap:

so today i decided to go and weight it in at the scrapyard.

couldnt resist driving over it in my cruiser first though! :twisted:

god knows what the neighbours must think. :roll:

its quite an affluent area with a lot of doctors, solicitors and chief inspectors as neighbours. :?

P5190003.jpg

P5190004.jpg

P5190006.jpg

what i really wanted to do, but didnt because the neighbours really wouldnt of been happy.

was to start the engine and wedge the throttle pedal all the way down, and then see how long it would take for the engine to go bang! :twisted:

finally got around to cleaning the tyre, that i broke the valve off on the last laning trip, and then had to drive the rest of the lane with flat.

was a right mess. :thumbdown:

decided it would be easier to clean the mountain of mud out of the inside of the tyre if i took it off the rim, came off quite easily.

P5190001-1.jpg

P5190002-1.jpg

P5190003-1.jpg

hopefully neither is damaged. :pray:

P5190005-1.jpg

been sorting the truck out for tomorrows laning trip. :dance:

took delivery of another 120 litres of fuel, should keep me going for a bit.

P5190008.jpg

and plotted the route out! :cool:

P5190007-1.jpg

IISY (is it sunday yet?) :twisted:

well if your front wheels are the same then that could explain your death wobble? or did all that come from Lincomb?

Back