Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Long distance visitor today

Blown80

Garage
Country Flag
australia
I had a rather long distance visitor pop in today.
The lovely Mrs Julie White of the Andy clan popped in for a surprise visit.
Of course I took the opportunity for a quick wander around my 80 series.
Julie even grabbed a happy snap. I should have done my hair....
:icon-biggrin:

And then half an hour later I had another international visitor. Not anyone from here, but a German fellow travelling around Oz on his own.
He had been referred to us by a Toyota dealership as his Prado suspension needs a lot of work. Nice fellow.

Must be an international visitors day today.
Great to have people drop in and say hello from so far away.

What a celeb life you lead, Chris :icon-cool:

See, it's not all grazed knuckles and rust in your eyes, after all :lol:

Glad to hear that Julie is doing as she was told! I said that you weren't far from her sisters & she should pop in & say hello whilst she was there! here is the pic she took

Andy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 197
Oh gawd... I knew I should have done my hair... :icon-biggrin:
Thank you Andy and Julie (for visiting not necessarily the pic).
It was great to say hello. As Clive noted, this celeb status is getting hectic.
The wheelie bin Julie asked for is organised.
Cant believe I literally sold out on the weekend, and of course Bushranger have initiated a change in design.
But contacts help and I found some stashed in the marketing department, so they should arrive Friday with any luck, certainly before she heads home.
Anything you want stashed inside the wheelie bin bags before I send them on?
Thanks again.
Cheers

I might be visiting in October as we're going to end up about 600km away, so it's just round the corner really...

Chris, I can't think of any other bits I need at the moment, I haven't had much time to tinker with my baby lately due to work etc & as soon as she's back I bet I think of something!
ill have a good think & let her know if I think of anything,I'm always open to suggestions though!!
im sure if I was wandering around your place I'd come out with armfuls.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a terrible big boys lolly shop Andy.
I might find something to accidentally drop in the box.

Ed, please do call in, 600kms is literally next door.
Where are you heading too, and if it involves 4WDing where is my invite? :icon-biggrin:

Well.... Delz seems to have got herself into a motorbike charity ride (The Scrapheap Run) to Tilpa late in September... bike must be bought for under $1,000 and money raised goes to Downs Syndrome research. We seem to have cobbled together a team of about 4 riders and 2 (me and a mechanic mate) of us in a $500 Discovery Tdi as support crew... We might then carry on from Tilpa to Silverton (because we can and Mad Max 2) and from there Adelaide isn't really that far...

As the two cheap bikes are old XT600's, and the good bikes are 2 x DR650's we'll be dirt roading it a fair bit, so no extreme Simpson desert type driving, but some good exploring and having a laugh trip.

Ed, did I read that right.... You are taking a Landrover Discovery, all $500 worth, as the SUPPORT vehicle.
Has on one of the motorbikes lost its stand leg and needs a stationary Disco to lean against?? :icon-biggrin:
Im a little concerned about how you may end up strapping the tow rope from the front of the Disco to the back of the bikes.
Best of luck, have fun.

When I was an apprentice we used to say don't take a land rover to a breakdown because it will.......
We had one series 3 land rover, one 40 series land cruiser (both bakkies (pickups to the rest of the world)) and two unimog's for going to break downs and for using as recovery vehicles.

Back