Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Long range tank filler/tank inlet

grantw

Supporter
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have thoughts on how they would connect this tank up?

The filler looks to be a mighty odd shape .. and unsure where I'd get the parts to fit it up.

Near side.JPG

That does look strange, could it be for a fuel tank sender??

I think I would be inclined to either blank off that hole or fit a sender to it (even if that means modding the hole), and then weld in the filler tube etc in the desired position.

Are there any other connections in the tank (breather, outlet etc)

What is that tank from / for?

Andy

Why not make a plate that fits the hole then wels a piece of pipe to the plate. that wouldnt be to bad to do
stu

The tank you have there takes the standard fill up pipe Grant that's on a standard 80 tank:icon-wink:

Lol thanks Karl. Looks like I might have to buy it then. Hopefully it bolts straight up!

Andy ... don't have much info on the tank itself. It's being sold by a forum member.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I haven't put a sender in mine but I have added an outlet to it so you can get the fuel out the tank to the IP.

Thanks Karl.

So should this just bolt straight in? Excluding any tow bar issues of course.

Also would you happen to know what parts I'd need to get it installed? Just thinking a very simple tank that uses a transfer pump into the main tank. I.e no gauge etc

Thanks

That would be the cheapest way Grant.

Tbh,I'm told that the tank should bolt straight up. May be worth having a look under Jons at lincomb. I think you would need a coulple of big U bolts for starters.

You will have to also add a outlet for the fuel to come out of. Mine has just got a 10 mm outlet. Then you would just need a transfer pump. Fairly cheap off eBay.

By the time you've gone through the trouble of fitting it and some sort of dual filler is it worth skipping the 2 change over solenoids to avoid a pumped system? If you get some contaminated fuel, or rupture your main tank you're stuffed with a pumped system but the proper set up gives you some redundancy and more options.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

Probably not Jon. It actually sounds like it could not be too much more work.

Back