Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a petrol 80

Graham, it wasn't an auction, the ad was on AutoTrader not eBay.
Chad, I've noticed a couple on eBay but I'm looking for a petrol which already has the LPG conversion, so I will benefit from cheaper running costs straight away, if I had to spend another couple of grand to get it converted, with the low amount of miles I do it would be years before I recovered my costs, but I haven't ruled that out entirely :think:

Hi chas

Couldn't you buy a complete second hand LPG system. My mate has sold two complete systems for under 200£ get it fitted for 200 and not to bad price

Karl

I hadn't thought of that Karl, I will bear it in mind, :thumbup: you might be hearing from me if a suitable petrol turns up. :D

I've got one at the min that wants a few bits doin. Don't know wether to break it or not tho :think:

I'm having doubts about this 80 :think: , it hasn't had an MOT for about a year and been parked up since it ran out, or so the seller tells me :think: .
Is there any way to check what, if anything, it might have failed an MOT on? the reg number is N11 MOU, I've checked on the LPG register and it's not registered, that's not a problem though, there is an LPG installer near me who could sort all that out but I don't know if the MOT history can be checked, I've tried VOSA but I need the Document reference number from - V5C registration certificate.
Do we have a member near Colchester? the vehicle is at a place called Coggeshall, if there is anyone in that area who could accompany me to inspect it because I'm bound to miss something, or even someone in the London area who I could take up there :pray:

Chas dont rush it, there is a whole rake of petrol 80's out there. there will be a low mileage right colour VX out there with LPG already fitted and working at half the cost of the equivalent diesel.
On Sat/Sun I went to Bristol and back in my 12V auto. virtually all motorway and not hanging about, it did 21.6 to the gallon and cost £140 00 in fuel. A quick comparison to the petrol/lpg one I ran last year the same journey would have cost £105 on LPG plus a bit of petrol to warm up with, (based on 13 mpg on gas @ 75p/litre)

Hope this helps.

Andy :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had a run out in mine yesterday, only 241 miles, about 30 of them around town, the rest taking it steady on the motorway, tyres at 32 psi last time I checked so I suppose they should be higher but I like em soft, 29 and a bit mpg, mad :mrgreen: Diesel is 138.9 p/l here at the moment just realised I should have waited till after shopping tomorrow and got my 5p p/l off at Sainsburys :lol:

Well, I've been to see it today and the only things I can find wrong with it are it's filthy dirty after being standing for nearly a year (but it started first turn with jump leads) and a broken front N/S sidelight and a rear diff that won't lock :think: (not really a problem as I don't intend taking it off-road) and after knocking him down to £2750, with a promise to reduce further because of the non locking diff (what's the cost of a new/second hand one?) not actually shaken hands yet, but I might very well be the owner of another 80 :dance:

So do I Gary, so do I :pray:

Whoo hoo :dance: Hands have been shaken, I am now the proud owner of a 1996 green petrol/LPG Land Cruiser delivered to my door from Stansted for the final sum of £2400. There are a few small things need doing, a broken N/S front sidelight, a blow on the exhaust manifold and a rear diff-lock that won't lock, but I don't intend on getting it muddy anyway :whistle: so not really a problem :thumbup:

Thanks Gary, I think I'll christen it 'The Green Meanie' :mrgreen:

congratulations mate! :clap:

seems a good price for an 80! :cool:

so whats going to be the 1st mod then? :whistle:

Ben said:
so whats going to be the 1st mod then? :whistle:
No no no :naughty: bog standard's the name of the game, :think: well maybe a thing or two ;)

BTW it's not the one pictured in the first post in this thread, same colour but different Cruiser.

Nice one Chas :thumbup: Let us know how you get on with the new cruiser, and how it compares to your diesel 80.

Happy Cruising!

Warren, that's pretty tidy. He has cruisers for sale on a regular basis. Seems straight enough usually. If that were a diesel and manual and cheap - I'd be having it.

Chris

Back