Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a replacement 80

Nevertheless it's not impossible to do a chassis swap and notify the authorities, it's only paperwork after all :thumbup:

Remember that both my neighbours are coppers!!

C

:shock: OMG dont ask me why but i have only just read this, absolutely gutted for ya matey

I undersatnd what your saying nick. But doing a chassis swap makes your vehicle then become the truck that the chasie belongs to. I couldnt use crises chassis on mu and still keep my number plates.

Loads of people are taking motors and wanting the id and chasie off straight trucks. Thats why i am very cautious on who i sell to as i wouldnt want to fuel that side of things :thumbup:

BIG clean GREEN said:
Nevertheless it's not impossible to do a chassis swap and notify the authorities, it's only paperwork after all :thumbup:

I think you need to have a read up of the latest regulations Nick.

No offence, but it's not just a paperwork excercise anymore. Think SVA.

Why do you think nobody is building road legal bobtails or tray backs anymore?

Out of interest did you fit a new chassis to your Landy, galvanised the original, or a secondhand one off a different vehicle?

As someone who has done this in the past, all legally with new receipted parts, I wouldn't attempt now under the current regs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry for the sad news, i empathize with you. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to keep the car ? is it for sentimental values ?

Crispin said:
totally OT but what is the appeal about a galvanised chassis? is it only for corrosion or am I missing something? If your 80 is 20 years old and the chassis has not yet rusted, it'll live another 20 with a bit of normal care? Why would the DVLA stop this? What's it to them?

A neighbour of mine spends his life modifying / rebuilding Land Rovers (I think he's Secretary of the Scottish Off-Road Club). He frequently takes modified chassis for sand-blasting and galvanising. I think he said it cost about £400 a time.

He'll be re-building an existing vehicle that has all the paperwork, so won't have any issues with a replacement chassis. Here in Scotland we have a lot of road salt for many months of the year so chassis-rot is a real problem.

My '95' Colorado is quite rusty underneath and I would love to strip and galvanise the chassis. I can't face the amount of work involved though as I have too many other projects on the go :violin: .

Bob.

I'm not far from heathrow if you wanted a look.

Sent from TapaTalk

Chris said he didn't whatn a white one.
I think the 2 best colours are the red/maroon ones, and the dark green ones.

This red one, just 105k miles.
Drivers seat looks like new still.

Graham

Worth watching for evidence of a good 94's value

Just had that same one come up on my automated search.

Guys, I NEED that car!!!!

Any ideas? We can't let CF get their hands on it. Insurance assessor has been today, so will have to wait and see on the money from them, but regardless of that, this would be perfect. Can we convince the seller d'you reckon? Bidding looking strong already. I know that a certain 'someone' will just sweep in and grab that for cash.

Any help appreciated!

Won't be able to sleep now.

Chris

May be Crispin can looksy, smooth talk a price, and put a deposit down for you there and then.?

You will get it, I know you will.

Graham

Looks very nice and clean indeed... go for it Chris.... life is for the living :thumbup:

Mr is on the case. Not available for viewing today but Crispin has spoken to him.

This could go either way of course. Hero or zero. If the insurance people get back pronto then I might be in a better position. Looks to me like that would require very few of the parts from GW which means I can move them on for a bit of help with the funding. We'll see.

The sharks are circling already on this one, I can see.

Do I need some sort of e-bay sniper app?

Chris

If tomorrow does not pan out, it might be worth getting a sniper for this (and someone who knows how to work one :oops: ) because ya'll know where this will end up with.

They do look pretty in red...

Wonder why some of the plastic sill and kick panel trims are missing?

Jon Wildsmith said:
Wonder why some of the plastic sill and kick panel trims are missing?

?

To that point, is there anything I should look for / ask about specific to an 80?
  • Fireproofness[/*:m:vk5hfwrx]

Looks a great buy, good luck Chris, fingers crossed.

Back